Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 24Carat View Post
    First thing I did was put a copper core plug in and Mobile 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by dprimm View Post
    Please educate me on this copper core plug. how find and Why?

Thank you
    24Carat is referring to the type of spark plug and oil installed in the engine. Copper is an excellent conductor of electricity better than any other type of material used in spark plugs and also transfers heat faster. The Mobil 1 is a full synthetic type of oil and has a very wide operating temperature range.
    "A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wakproductions View Post
    It looks like that information might be scratched off of the label... or in the back of the unit (which I ain't gonna move for right now lol).

Attachment 84390

By the way, after doing some research on that generator from Costco, I found out that it wasn't a true Yamaha, but was just powered by a Yamaha engine. There's a cheaper version of the exact same unit available on Amazon that uses a Senci engine: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07M8P1RFW
    Yeah that label has seen better times.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

I took a better picture of my setup. LP driven 7800 watt generator connected to the cabin charging a 12V battery bank via inverter-charger in the building. This configuration will charge up to a 30 amp rate until the batteries hit 14V, then it will level off to 3 amp float charging rate. At that point I'm spending more in LP than I'm gaining in batter charge so I usually shut it down when it hits float. Every light in the house is LED, it makes a big difference in load over incandescent.

Last edited by indyjohn; 02-26-2020 at 21:43.
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by woowoo2 View Post
    My 2000 watt peak / 1600 watt running genset has no issues running an upright freezer.
    I sold my big generator, I just have the small eu2200 now. Out of curiosity I took the cover off my load center and used a clamp on current meter. It allows me to measure peak and running wattage of each circuit. I wanted to be able to run wood furnace, refrigerator, and freezer, and a few lights and such. I thought the furnace would be the largest load, but the (old) fridge turned out to be higher, 2160 starting watts actually, but only 300 running. I discovered I need to start fridge first, then freezer, then furnace - by managing the loads I can run all three at once. But it's tricky and has to be timed right. My plan is to run the bare minimum necessary to conserve fuel.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by caverjamie View Post
    I sold my big generator, I just have the small eu2200 now. Out of curiosity I took the cover off my load center and used a clamp on current meter. It allows me to measure peak and running wattage of each circuit. I wanted to be able to run wood furnace, refrigerator, and freezer, and a few lights and such. I thought the furnace would be the largest load, but the (old) fridge turned out to be higher, 2160 starting watts actually, but only 300 running. I discovered I need to start fridge first, then freezer, then furnace - by managing the loads I can run all three at once. But it's tricky and has to be timed right. My plan is to run the bare minimum necessary to conserve fuel.
    Well done figuring out how to run all the appliances you want on a small genny. You make do with what you have. This is the reason I continue with a larger rated one. I'm old, I don't want to spend the night worrying over which one's going to start up next.
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by caverjamie View Post
    This is what I have stressed in other threads/posts. But never really caught any ears. You near maxed out your 2200 starting 1 device. And folks claim they can run 3 on a 1600.
    I have spent a lot of time messing with this stuff. We have 2 houses and a shop on the compound. I can tell you about what LRA inrush is on most appliances. Our current units will run the essentials. And even at that we have to be diligent. Don't convince yourself that cheap will work.

Figure out your loads and split up the run times. Or get a bigger genny.

Tripping over $5 bills to save quarters. You can hurt your appliances short changing them on power.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    This is what I have stressed in other threads/posts. But never really caught any ears. You near maxed out your 2200 starting 1 device. And folks claim they can run 3 on a 1600.
    I have spent a lot of time messing with this stuff. We have 2 houses and a shop on the compound. I can tell you about what LRA inrush is on most appliances. Our current units will run the essentials. And even at that we have to be diligent. Don't convince yourself that cheap will work.

Tripping over $5 bills to save quarters. You can hurt your appliances short changing them on power.
    It's the same people when we talk about glass. I want to shoot MOA at 1,000 yds and my budget is $350 - what should I buy?

Darwin was on to something, you know.
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by indyjohn View Post
    It's the same people when we talk about glass. I want to shoot MOA at 1,000 yds and my budget is $350 - what should I buy?

Darwin was on to something, you know.
    I get it. We see it all the time. Heck I argued with my Dad about his needs for the camper. Buddys we went on the road racing with. They had to tap my power at times because the were short on their rigs. We really miss the system we had in the trailer.

I get it. Budgets and all. We started out smaller than we needed (Honda EU2200...) and figured out how to make due and then started trading up. Steadily getting bigger and better units. The last 4 we have acquired were right here. In the class's on Ingo. We will have to be careful but nowhere near what we used to.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by churchmouse View Post
    This is what I have stressed in other threads/posts. But never really caught any ears.

And even at that we have to be diligent. Don't convince yourself that cheap will work.

Come on CM. I'm certain you caught ears, most folks don't want to acknowledge that their plan to get by on the cheap might have several holes in it.

Great wisdom and advice from the Mouse.

I'm not trying to be an apple polishing butt kisser. This is just great, straight forward advice that is well summed up.

I hope that folks following this thread will accept this as truth and will be helped by it.

Sometimes it helps for the preacher to have a choir.

I still care....Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Karl-just-Karl View Post
    Come on CM. I'm certain you caught ears, most folks don't want to acknowledge that their plan to get by on the cheap might have several holes in it.

Great wisdom and advice from the Mouse.

I'm not trying to be an apple polishing butt kisser. This is just great, straight forward advice that is well summed up.

I hope that folks following this thread will accept this as truth and will be helped by it.

Sometimes it helps for the preacher to have a choir.
    My apology's for getting ruffled. Yesterday was not a good day for the mouse and I let that eek into other areas.
    Equipment varies. Peoples needs vary. Expectations on outcome are pretty close. We all want our plans to work.
    My experiences in life have put me in some unique situations and allowed me to rub elbows with some sharp cats.
    I have spent a lot of time dealing with electric inputs and supply power issues on a commercial and industrial level. Not a rocket scientist. Just a lot of boots on the ground knowledge.
    I learn from you guys every day. Something new comes along in guns ammo or in this thread. The knowledge and sharing of same is great for me.

Get enough power. You will not regret it. We have been on this track for years and just now feel adequate if we need to go off grid.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast