Thread: MREs for Deer Season

User Info Menu

MREs for Deer Season

I'm wanting to get some MREs for deer season but have not been paying attention to the prices lately. All this unrest has been driving the prices through the roof! I could pack sirloin steaks in my bag and take them with me into the woods cheaper. Wowzers...

Anyone seeing reasonable prices for MRE boxes around central Indiana? I'm just down the road from Atterbury but do not know anyone there or if any public is welcome there to buy these. I"m a civy...

Suggestions?

Mike

Marksman

User Info Menu

i would try to order things online from somewhere like rei. the food is better, and doesn't produce as much trash. MRE's are actually pretty rough on the body unless you are actively burning the calories. the amount of carbs and sodium is not really a healthy option.

User Info Menu

You might make your own freezer bag meals. I like Knorr rice or pasta with tuna or chicken. Plenty of info as to how on the 'net.
    Lord, if you'll pick them up, I'll put 'em down

User Info Menu

Find an active duty, military retiree, reservist or guardsman, Ft. Ben Harrison Commissary has them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STEEL CORE View Post
    Find an active duty, military retiree, reservist or guardsman, Ft. Ben Harrison Commissary has them.
    I found a reservist in Columbus just down the road from Atterbury and am setup for now.

Thanks everyone.

Mike

User Info Menu

I've eaten enough MREs in my life that I could never eat one again, and that'd be too soon. That said, I do have a case in the basement in case of tornadoes...etc

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Backpacker View Post
    You might make your own freezer bag meals. I like Knorr rice or pasta with tuna or chicken. Plenty of info as to how on the 'net.
    Yup. Done this.
    Una salus victis nullam sperare salute.
    The only hope for the doomed, is no hope at all
    Virgil

I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast;
    for I intend to go in harm's way.
    John Paul Jones

A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs.
    Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs