Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 537 of 538 FirstFirst ... 37 437 487 527 533 534 535 536 537 538 LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,370 of 5372

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by teddy12b View Post
    t and leaving the woods a little something to remember me by.
    LEAVE....NO....TRACE!!!!!

Sounds like a good night.
    Thor himself has spoken, mere mortals must make it so. - bradmedic04

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    LEAVE....NO....TRACE!!!!!

Sounds like a good night.
    Leave no trace doesn't apply to putting out a booby trap to throw zombies off my trail. You'd never know it was there.

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by teddy12b View Post
    Leave no trace doesn't apply to putting out a booby trap to throw zombies off my trail. You'd never know it was there.
    That sounds like a stellar adventure.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

User Info Menu

Yikes, been awhile since I posted anything. Life's been busy, and so have I. Always training, always prepping.

The past week: Hiked the Grand Canyon south rim, in the snow and ice. Tracked some mule deer. Crampons would have made it easier/safer. Hiked the desert at lower elevation. Hot and dry. Worked on plant ID, land nav and finding small holes of water.

Worked out 3 times: weights, running, heavy bag, stairs etc.

Hit the range: Worked w G19, J frame and AK. Decent session.

Certified Bro Shark Ballstater98's Avatar

User Info Menu

Most know I moved to a new house. Looking at my fire extinguishers, all are 16+ (youngest) years old. All indicate a full charge. I annually check then the 1st of the year. I have never recharged them. I can rememember my parents doing this, but I never had...is the technology better, am I lucky, or run man run!?
    Lifetime LTCH; Lifetime NRA Member; Maker's Mark Ambassador #780040; GOA Member #23463299

User Info Menu

I was told by the company that serviced ours at the factory to flip them over and smack them a couple times with a rubber hammer.

Unless you are talking about CO2 or water extinguishers.

As far as life span, I know places will rotate them out once to a certain age. I figured it was like the best by dates on canned goods tho. Gauge reads good on all of mine still.

Guess I will wait for a knowledgeable person to chime in tho.

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

I have some that have to be that old. We used one last yer for an incident the neighbor had with fireworks and it worked fine.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

User Info Menu

Picked up a couple of backpacks at Goodwill to use as new go bags for the kids.
    If I had a gun for every ace I have drawn, I could arm a town the size of Abilene.

I Care...Really

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCgrease08 View Post
    Picked up a couple of backpacks at Goodwill to use as new go bags for the kids.
    The terrorists are getting big enough to have personal go bags. Good thinking. Now the search begins.

Forum Rules

Classified Rules

FAQ

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Fire extinguishers are one of those things that I put in the same category as a sump pump. There's a time and a place to run something till the wheels fall off, and then there's a time and place to thank your lucky stars that you got however many good years of service out of something and replace it before it's too late. I definitely agree for the most part they don't build anything like they used to, and I'm not saying to throw those old gems away, but maybe adding a fresh new one every decade or so isn't the worst use of $50 we ever had.

On the bag ideas for little kids, I've been a really big fan of the "packable backpacks" for my munckins and even for my own day hike use. They generally weigh less than a pound, and durable enough for what most people are going to actually use them for and they're pretty cheap.
    Check these out:
    We used this is a day pack when we took the kids to disney. Water bottles, snacks, diapers, battery backup for phones etc and this pack was perfect for it. It's a good size for a kid/small person.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is probably my favorite packable backpack, but it may be a little long for a kid/small person. This pack is less than one pound, holds 40L of stuff, has a hip belt with pouches. I liked my first one so much I lent it to family and when they couldn't find it I bought a second. Of course as soon as I bought a second, they found it and now I have two. 40L is a lot of space, and it's held up well to some solid use.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In addition to these I have a maxpedition rolly polly backpack, but it's not very comfortable at all. I do use it but more to for rugged utility duty. If I'm going to put pointy sticks or something similar into a bag or need something where I'm excited to trade comfort for durability then I grab this beater. By far the most durable and least comfortable. I couldn't find a link to one, but I paid $35 for it a couple years back.