Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    E- learning day due to weather. Dry fire here I come.
    No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

Started back through the new concealed carry drills. One involved a reload and SHO and one involved a reload and WHO. I am going to ignore the under par time set at this time because I am struggle to make the par time consistently. The hang up is usually the reload from concealment. I get a hand full of shirt with the magazine. This has to be fixed. When I get the magazine clean I make the par time.

I also began to rethink having the WHO and SHO shooting done on a par time. I can crank the trigger and make the time but I am concerned about pulling the trigger faster than I can get hits live fire, and that is not the goal. So I am going to massage the par time to the first six shots, the reload and the first shot, but I will be shooting six SHO and WHO. This will allow me to judge improvement but not be crazy on the trigger one handed.

The concealment complicates everything and makes me sweat.

abright@ccrtc.com

I agree on the sh wh par times.
    It's easy.to cheat the sight picture and most of us need to see a little more one handed.
    As for the concealment. It certainly does suck. I've done a little work with it and it's so frustrating it's hard to make myself do it
    Luddite Crumudgeon #1

Quote Originally Posted by riverman67 View Post
    I agree on the sh wh par times.
    It's easy.to cheat the sight picture and most of us need to see a little more one handed.
    As for the concealment. It certainly does suck. I've done a little work with it and it's so frustrating it's hard to make myself do it
    I can do the draw fairly well and pretty consistently. Getting the magazine out is the tough part for me. 17+1 on the street so it should be decided before then but you never know.

abright@ccrtc.com

Let's hope we never have to find out but prepare for the worst in any case.

I worked through the plate drills in refinement and repetition today. I haven't run any of these since just before the Area 5 steel challenge match so it was like starting over.
    I was making the par times on about half of the reps with one exception. I was consistently beating the time on plates reload plates. I think this means that all reps on the reloading drills are paying off.
    I'll go thru these again this weekend and bump the time down if the results are the same.

I'm one those people that just hates to dryfire. I know it works but it bores me to tears . I have been trying to combat this by changing things up on a regular basis, I have 4 different sets of drills and each set takes about 30 minutes. If I go any longer I find that I'm just going thru the motions and not paying attention. I don't count reps, I do each drill for a set period of time usually 3 to 5 minutes. I also alternate start position and add a little movement .
    It's not the best way to get better a specific drill I'm sure but it's keeping me interested and Impoving.
    Luddite Crumudgeon #1

1-13 from RandR. A little bit of a long workout. My trigger finger is sore from all of that reloading. I am a little miffed that my baseline par has been stuck for a while on 6R6. Breaking the numbers down I should be faster.

To up my motivation, I registered for Ryan Rocks.
    Michael Swisher

Quote Originally Posted by cedartop View Post
    1-13 from RandR. A little bit of a long workout. My trigger finger is sore from all of that reloading. I am a little miffed that my baseline par has been stuck for a while on 6R6. Breaking the numbers down I should be faster.

To up my motivation, I registered for Ryan Rocks.
    Ryan Rocks should be warm enough for you.

If the numbers say it should be faster what is holding the performance back in your estimation.

abright@ccrtc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Ryan Rocks should be warm enough for you. Probably

If the numbers say it should be faster what is holding the performance back in your estimation.
    That is what I am trying to figure out. Maybe it is just my math that is faulty.
    Michael Swisher

Quote Originally Posted by cedartop View Post
    That is what I am trying to figure out. Maybe it is just my math that is faulty.
    Good math help is hard to find.

I assume your draw, reload and FSF times say you should be faster than what you are putting it all together comes out at.

Are you doing silly things like looking at the targets after shooting them? Dropping the gun? Slow on the draw? Thinking about stuff on the clock?
    How much are you missing the time by?

abright@ccrtc.com

Plinker
    Huge fan of the NEOMAG for my extra mag while I'm carrying. I am a lefty, carry around 7-8 oclock, and keep a spare mag in my front right pocket hanging on a NEOMAG. It's worked great with full size and single stack mags.

https://theneomag.com/

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast