Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 90 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40 80 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 LastLast

User Info Menu

Took a look at the video that I have from the match. I understand all of the ugly now. I had a huge ammo issue. It can be seen at the end of the video. The match starts at the loading bench and I screw the pooch there. Cost me big. 4 mikes and a FTE. I had a series of stages with lots of alphas and a mike. Looking at the video I pulled off a number of times. It is obvious when you know where the mikes were. I hope that can be fixed in the next two weeks. I plan to load nationals ammo this week as well and I know I can fix that problem. It is embarrassing to have done so poorly. I feel better today after looking at the video because I at least know what was wrong. Driving home Saturday evening I did not.

I also did not bounce back mentally very well after trashing the very first stage.

No one is stronger or more dangerous than the man who can harness his emotions.

www.BrightFirearmsTraining.com

abright@ccrtc.com

User Info Menu

I was pretty happy with my match performance
    I would like to shoot Bay 5 again.
    I couldn't decide on a plan and never did. Lesson learned again.
    I have cut way back on the dryfire. The horrible mess that was the last Riley match had me ready to give it up entirely.
    I'm now thinking the issue has more to do with balancing the dryfire practice with live fire.
    Luddite Crumudgeon #1

User Info Menu

Looking for positives from the state match:
    I did not have a miss on a Tuxedo target. No extra shots on them either. I am not sure that has happened before.
    One small popper kicked my ass but I handled the rest ok or even decent.
    Have the ammo for nationals loaded and ready with no chance of a repeat from the state match fiasco.
    Shot the right side of stage 4 very well.

Went to Riley after school today. Spent the time shooting swingers and small steel. Worked a few different arrays trying to hit small steel between the activator steel and the swinger. Some good some not. Was trying to just call shots and let the front sight set the tempo. Got some good reps in on this. Did some unloaded table starts. Also worked on some 8 shot paper arrays and not pulling off while doing it.

abright@ccrtc.com

User Info Menu

https://www.practiscore.com/results/new/67259

For the record: When you cut the living **** out of your finger on a pepper popper at the range on Tuesday. The scabs will come off while shooting on Wednesday and bleed like a SOB. You can still win that stage and the match.

abright@ccrtc.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    https://www.practiscore.com/results/new/67259

For the record: When you cut the living **** out of your finger on a pepper popper at the range on Tuesday. The scabs will come off while shooting on Wednesday and bleed like a SOB. You can still win that stage and the match.
    Between the unloaded starts and the evil pepper poppers I'm thinking investment in kevlar gloves might be prudent.
    Luddite Crumudgeon #1

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by riverman67 View Post
    Between the unloaded starts and the evil pepper poppers I'm thinking investment in kevlar gloves might be prudent.
    Normally I only wear gloves to combat the cold. You may be onto something though.

abright@ccrtc.com

User Info Menu

The plan for thus evening was some steel challenge banner work.
    The cooler Temps and long break had me looking forward to it.
    Got distracted by a PCV valve that is located in a place that no PCV valve should be.
    Now I'm out picking up dinner.
    It is difficult to resume routines once they have been abandoned.
    I may get it in yet
    Luddite Crumudgeon #1

User Info Menu

Got in a match today. Won Limited. Had not been to South Central for a while. Hard cover was a problem several times today. Did not record a miss on a tuxedo target though.

https://practiscore.com/results/html...d-ff1ec3179c79

abright@ccrtc.com

User Info Menu

First time touching a gun except putting it on in the morning and taking it off at night in a little over a week.

Trigger control drills.
    Michael Swisher

User Info Menu

Draws and reloads.
    Michael Swisher

Page 90 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40 80 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 LastLast