• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G192127

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 19, 2018
    Shelbyville
    A few weeks ago my wife and I found ourselves in Greenfield , Indiana on some business and we stopped by Highsmith Guns. My wife was reading a brochure about some of the training classes that they offer and signed up for one all on her own.
    It was a "ladies only" introduction to firearms class and held last Saturday morning .
    Four ladies signed up for the class and all of them were over 50 years old. Each one said that they wanted to become proficient with a firearm because "things were just getting too dangerous or crazy and it was time "
    The instructor adjusted the curriculum a bit to better fit the girls wants and needs. He spent time on safety, but added some home defense, as all the gals were interested in the topic.
    About an hour was spent in the classroom, then off to the range.
    Strong hand, weak hand, pistol retention, presentation, it sounded like he hit all of the major points and presented them very well and explained them all clearly.
    Susan said that all of the girls could shoot pretty well before the class started and so the instructor was able to make adjustments for each of the girls specific to the type of firearm they were using.
    It sounded to me like he kept it interesting, pertinent, and up-to-date. All of the girls had big smiles on their faces when they came off the range and they said they would definitely go back for more training.
    Each of the girls wanted to take their targets home with them, so that sounds like it was a success all the way around !

Last edited:
    Top Bottom