Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Friend's workplace is implementing "random bag checks" due to issues with theft.

Anyone here deal with such a thing at their workplace? How thorough would you say they are?

Think a purse with a dedicated firearm area would be OK? Might not be worth losing their job.

I loathe that the company is doing this to their employees... but it's still an excellent job for the person, and leaving the company isn't really an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
    You cannot troll the mainland United States. There would be a meme behind every blade of grass.

GPIA7R Twitter

I think that I would look very hard at management who seems to try to catch someone stealing by a blanket investigation. It means 1) they are too lazy to actually figure it out 2)know who, and don't want to do anything or 3)the person is a very good thief

Our handbook lays out when we can be searched, and drug tested. THey can't search us as we leave.

Have them ask how it will be conducted. Places I have worked could look in your lunchbox purse or bag but couldn't reach in or touch anything.

I've dealt with that for 25 years. Not including 6 years in the navy.
    Cars can be searched too.
    Part of the agreement to work where I am.
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Actaeon - act'-tee-on
    The death of Actaeon - http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Actaeon.html

If they are searching purses and firearms are off limits at this place of employment, that pocket is going to be part of the search. Anyone who picks up my purse, would question why it is so heavy. Maybe not all women carry a .45 with a full mag but a firearm adds a significant amount of weight that would not be explained by what is in the rest of my purse.
    L.F.F.L.

Follow my son's journey as he travels Europe for the next year on this thread.

http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...adventure.html or by reading his blog at www.sketchytravels.com

Quote Originally Posted by mom45 View Post
    If they are searching purses and firearms are off limits at this place of employment, that pocket is going to be part of the search. Anyone who picks up my purse, would question why it is so heavy. Maybe not all women carry a .45 with a full mag but a firearm adds a significant amount of weight that would not be explained by what is in the rest of my purse.
    "Why so heavy, Mom45?"
    "Its full of... um... 'feminine care products... that time you know. Want to see them?"
    "NEEEEEXT!!!"

I'll never forget the bag checks when I am carrying my Maxpedition versipack. They typically have you open the flap for the main compartment and look inside. Lifting the flap hides the zipper for the gun compartment from the inspector. I had one guy try to be extra thorough. He didnt like what he saw when I lifted the flap. He expected to find goodies but no. He obviously had a suspicion I was up to something and proceeded to have me open the front pouch as well as the outside zipper as well. All the while in his quest to be cool he was missing the money shot because what he REALLY wanted to find was obscured from his view. He waved me on in, slightly annoyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Freeman View Post
    A confused cop is an arresty cop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    also, where do we sign up to touch Frank's equipment?

I worked as a temp at a FedEx Ground facility for a few weeks during college. Everybody got searched and patted down at the end of their shift. No big deal. Just one of the conditions of working there.
    If I had a gun for every ace I have drawn, I could arm a town the size of Abilene.

Maybe I should put a super jumbo size bag of M&M's in there...that would be heavy.
    L.F.F.L.

Follow my son's journey as he travels Europe for the next year on this thread.

http://ingunowners.com/forums/break-...adventure.html or by reading his blog at www.sketchytravels.com

Dirty underwear on the top. They never like to look past that.

"Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Actaeon - act'-tee-on
    The death of Actaeon - http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Actaeon.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast