• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Got a fwd from a Right-minded friend that Cabella is charging this Øbama-care tax on all outdoor clothing sold @ Cabellas, and maybe elsewhere. Anyone bought there lately, and can check their receipt? Anyone here work at Cabella?

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Yes. It's being added to all prices/costs everywhere. How else would you expect it to be paid for?

This. Everyone everywhere is adding it into the cost of goods, maybe Cabela's is itemizing it so you can see it's effect. If they are it's a type of protest against the tax, showing you what is causing the increase.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I wasn't aware that clothing was considered a medical device.

I thought it was to be placed on medical devices only, not levied as a general tax.

I want to know why items other than medical devices are being taxed.

---------------

After doing some looking around, if they are charging it on anything other than a medical device, then it is an improper tax being levied upon a purchase.

Anyone being charged this tax on a purchase of a product other than a medical devic, please report this to your states Attorney Generals Office immediately.

Last edited:

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    I'm pretty sure OP is talking about how companies are charging more for their products to cover the cost of Obamacare to their employees. It would seem that Cabellas has decided to list it separate on your receipt so you can see the effect it has on you, the customer. With the tax holiday expiring and less in our pockets this new "tax" will hurt even more. Particularly to an already struggling middle class who is seeing wages stall and will continue to see stalled wages in the future because of the ever increasing cost of health care to companies and their new responsibility to provide it as a requirement of employment.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I have heard this is because somewhere burried deep in Obamacare, some types of clothing are considered "medical devices".

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    This is just ONE of the many taxes obamacare has in it. Not to mention the entire thing is deemed as a TAX by the supreme court. They are now able to regulate everything from what you eat to what activities you take part in. They are already making smokers pay MORE for their obamacare than people who dont. Next will be fat people, or even people that participate in sports, seeing that they are more likely to get hurt. This bill is the complete demise of this country. They will regulate everything from how much salt is in your food, to how much aspirin you can have at your house. If you have guns at your house they will say you are more likely to get hurt and you will pay more, they can use this bill to deter any and every activity that they dont want you to do. The fact that this is happening is down right insane. and yet the liberals morons have no clue what they did to themselves. so sad.

indytiger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    No it couldn't be. La Bomba said only the rich would be paying higher taxes.

OH I forgot if you have money your rich. :stickpoke:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I'm pretty sure OP is talking about how companies are charging more for their products to cover the cost of Obamacare to their employees. It would seem that Cabellas has decided to list it separate on your receipt so you can see the effect it has on you, the customer. With the tax holiday expiring and less in our pockets this new "tax" will hurt even more. Particularly to an already struggling middle class who is seeing wages stall and will continue to see stalled wages in the future because of the ever increasing cost of health care to companies and their new responsibility to provide it as a requirement of employment.

No. This happened on Jan. 1 with Cabela's. They put the tax in improperly.

snopes.com: Medical Device Excise Tax

Yodes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Noble County
    Obamacare is much more expensive than we have been told. Don't know about this tax but for many/most companies, compliance with Obamacare means they will have to 1. reduce worker hours to part-time, or 2. increase prices, or 3. lay off workers.

Top Bottom