• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I guess this goes here in politics, since there's not a sub dedicated to certain issues. This is an open letter from Mike Vanderboegh, author, gun rights advocate, Oath Keeper and citizens militia advocate. It's going viral, since it asks some questions of local law enforcement that he, (and many others) are concerned about. It's really a pretty well written piece and deserves a look. I'm not going to post the thing here, since I don't know what a mod is likely to do at any given point with something controversial. There's no calls for violence of any sort in the piece, just some pointed words for "peace officers", (as opposed to law enforcers). It makes for an interesting read and some deeper questions about our friends. It doesn't bash either. It does bear reasonable discussion.

From Sipsey Street Irregulars.

Gentlemen and ladies of American Law Enforcement,

There is a growing perception among many Americans that we are headed for one of those periodic moments in our history when our reactions to events will redefine who we are as a people, where we are going as a country and who gets to call the shots when we get there -- what George H.W. Bush called “that vision thing.” This is happening in the middle of unprecedented external and internal stresses on our social order, the results of which you see daily on the streets.

It is going to get worse.

Odds are, it is going to get MUCH worse before it gets better.

IF it gets better any time soon, which I doubt.

And so, ladies and gentlemen of American law enforcement, the prudent among you should be considering this question now, rather than later: “What am I going to do when we get to ‘much worse’?”
    Read the rest at the source. It's currently up at JPFO, too.

Last edited:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I Think it's pretty much inevitable at this point, that there will be a backlash, and those who have misused their power will be targets. I really don't see anything to change it. Its pretty scary stuff to think about. Likewise, there is some pretty scary stuff happening every day to law abiding citizens. Good article, thanks for posting.

IndyColtsFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Very well written and thought out piece; a recommended read for LEOs and private citizens alike. Hopefully, at the very least, it causes you to take a moment to pause and think about what has been written.

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    It sticks in the craw of NRA lifers (I am one, but it don't stick here)

any time someone mentions that National Raffle Assistants misses a point like this -- like 99 times out of 100. Call 'em as you see 'em and lifers unite in their diatribe about 'johnnies come lately' and all. Hey, we are all in this together, although there are some that I don't want at my 6, or 3, or 9; only 12 o'clock, so I can watch 'em. (You know who you are) Pat

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Wow..
    When a policeman pulls over a driver whose computer record shows not only the driver’s license of the vehicle’s owner, but the fact that they have a concealed carry permit, it is too often SOP for the cop to approach the vehicle, gun drawn, order the man or woman from the car, put them on their knees and cuff them before anything else transpires. These are not the acts of public servants but rather of an occupying army. And with each breach of trust, the glue holding society together is further weakened. For the more you distrust us, the more we are reminded to distrust you.

Hear Hear!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom