• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Terribly out of context Bible verses aside, the lady did what she had to do and she did it with expediency and without prejudice. I would be proud to have this woman in my family or as a neighbor based on her actions.

Makes me think about how my wife would react to a situation like this. I made her watch the video with me and we spoke about what she would do. She asked good questions and the ever-popular-question of "Why not fire a warning shot?" was asked. I explained that if you're in that dire of a situation that requires a warning shot, you've already entered into the realm of lethality and there probably isn't TIME for a warning shot. If you're threatened, you're threatened.

I wonder what gauge of shotgun was used in the HD.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Hope she does. I think she will... Brave, calm, very aware of every little thing that was happening. She did what she had to do even though she didn't want to. Like he said thinking all the time. I hope I could do as well! Thank God there are dispatchers like that one, too.

Indeed! I was concerned the dispatcher was going to give her some advice that could really get her hurt, (ie run, hide under the bed, etc.) but the dispatcher was calm and understanding of the need to defend herself.

Sobering, but... relieving might be the word.

Adrenaline

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    North Carolina
    Yeah I admit, if I was in that situation I would do the same as this lady...no way am I going to become a victim of a crazy man trying to break into my house while I am alone. If it is him or me, it is going to be the criminal that dies.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    I haven't listened to the entire tape, but that had to be the most frightening 20 minutes of anyone's life. I hope that I am that calm and controlled if ever put in that position. I pray for that women to find peace knowing that she did the only thing she could do to protect herself from that drug crazed idiot.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Sidebar:
    thou shall not kill ...........but

I was taught that this commandment was translated from "thou shalt not murder", murder being different than kill.
    Of course I can't read Hebrew or sandscrit or any of that, so YMMV...
    but there's a whole lot of "killing" in God-endorsed wars and commandments.
    Not so much with the "sneak up and whack them in their sleep murders", though.
    Just an observation.:twocents:

Guy9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Marion
    She did what she had to do and nshe shouldent feel guilty about it. I read were it was a 16ga.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Listening to this, my first thought was that all the anti-gun folks, especially the women, should listen to this tape and put themselves in that situation. Then I realized it wouldnt do any good. Oh, it might tip over a few who are just misinformed, but I know some who would have all kinds of arguments and brilliant ideas of, "why didn't she just do THIS?", or "Why didn't she just do THAT?" Mostly based on movies, or how smart they think they are.

I had a flash of intuition while listening. What the antis are really afraid of is what this woman was able to do so well. First, she was home alone, in what looks like rural area. (Judging from comments I've heard, just being out alone in the middle of nowhere scares a lot of the antis, who usually come from cities.) Second, she knew how to use a gun, which again, is such a part of some peoples' identity construct (I don't like guns) that it seems like an impossible part of the equation for some antis.

Third, anyone with a heart can hear the absolute agony and anguish, mixed with iron resolve in the woman's voice. The only fear I heard was her fear that she would have to kill the man. It's quite moving, really. Many, many people, and certainly most people on the left, have a very difficult time understanding the battle between emotion and principle. This woman knew what was right - defending her life - even though it felt horrible to her. (Want to test someone quickly - ask the question, if a stranger and your dog were both drowning and you could only save one, who would you save? The emotion-based decision maker will save her dog, which makes sense in that context, since you love your dog and you feel neutral about a stranger. The principle-based decision maker will of course save the person, because it's the RIGHT thing to do, regardless of their own emotions.)

I think many of the antis will put themselves through any self-delusion necessary (I could escape out the front, the police will get here, maybe he just wanted to steal my television, etc..) rather than face the horrible truth that sometimes all your available choices stink all to hell, and when that happens, you must have a set of principles that guide you past your unreliable emotions, delusions, and world view.

I think that's what scares them most of all.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    medium

The guy apparently had a mugshot on file.

Can you imagine this guy breaking through your window?

Did he use his NOSE to break in?

BUCK HINKLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    greenfield
    This hole thing scares the crap out of me my mom is older and my dad is gone with his race hobby, and mom hates guns, this just brought to light a fear I did'nt have before. .I guess It is time to teach the old gal to sling some lead...

PS I might be asking how to do that she will be a tuff student!!!!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    This hole thing scares the crap out of me my mom is older and my dad is gone with his race hobby, and mom hates guns, this just brought to light a fear I did'nt have before. .I guess It is time to teach the old gal to sling some lead...

PS I might be asking how to do that she will be a tuff student!!!!

I feel you pain on this. My mother won't even go NEAR a gun let alone CONTEMPLATE the idea of going to actually shoot one. :dunno:

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    This video gave me chills. I felt so bad for her. My wife had tears coming down listening to her. I honestly think she did the right thing. There was nothing else she could do.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    It took 20 minutes for a LEO to arrive on the scene, and anti gun hating left wing nut jobs think that they can protect themselves by only calling 911.

In that 20 minutes a physco drug crazed lunatic could have broken in a house and wiped out an entire family.

I always preach this that 911 alone does not save you from imminent danger. Call 911 if you can and protect your loved ones and yourself with your firearm till they arrive.

You're spot on.

I don't have a problem with the aghlwnj's thinking they can dial 911 and survive.

My offense comes from their belief that we should be forced to suffer the same fate, and their attempts to convince their legislators of the same.

Bravo to Donna Jackson, and my God give her the comfort and relief from the trauma she suffered in defending herself and her home.

Top Bottom