• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    This is an embarrassment for England, but it is certainly likely to be the same here. This whole irrational fear thing is training people to act like the're mentally ill. I gave a kid an empty nickle plated .38 spl case as a momento of his first experience with firearms while on an outing with his father. The kid was 7th grade. He had it in his pocket at school, and showed it to his buddies. As you can guess, the "no tolerance" (ie: no sense ) crowd went full spazz. There was a big stink, and even after the parents were called in, and reports made to the local law, the kid got suspended. Mental illness is sometimes genetic, but is often taught by those on taxpayer funded payroll.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm so terrified I don't even wanna click on the link and read it.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    This is an embarrassment for England, but it is certainly likely to be the same here. This whole irrational fear thing is training people to act like the're mentally ill. I gave a kid an empty nickle plated .38 spl case as a momento of his first experience with firearms while on an outing with his father. The kid was 7th grade. He had it in his pocket at school, and showed it to his buddies. As you can guess, the "no tolerance" (ie: no sense ) crowd went full spazz. There was a big stink, and even after the parents were called in, and reports made to the local law, the kid got suspended. Mental illness is sometimes genetic, but is often taught by those on taxpayer funded payroll.

A few years ago I was at the range with my 50cal. There were only a few people there that day. One was a 7-8 year old boy with his grandfather. He was just fascinated with the gun. There was a 7-8 year old boy there with his grandfather I asked them if they has any issues with my firing a large caliber rifle. The grandfather said hell no, shoot it! I gave them some ear plugs to go with there muffs. I had them get behind me. I shot it about 6 times. the boy was just in awe. I ask his GP if I could give him something and if he thought his folks would mind. I held up a piece of brass. He said sure, it was up to me. There would be no issue. I called the kid over and said I have something for you. But you have to promise me a few things. One of the thinks was he could never take it to school and he had to give it to his folks when he got home. I made his day. I imagine that piece of brass is still one of is prized possessions.

I know I'd have wanted to take it to school. I remember kids bringing fired shotgun shells to school from hunts with their fathers. It wasn't a "big scary thing" I remember one teacher yelling put that thing away until recess. It just wasn't a big deal. We made sling shots on the playground and all was fine. It was a different world. One I would like back.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Several weeks ago, somebody dropped a round on the floor at work and you'da thought they were going to put the place on lock down.

Top Bottom