• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I married a woman 33 years ago who was smart enough to raise two kids who can now support themselves, pay their own bills, and don't smoke or drink. All that and I still manage to keep her.:D Must be my dashing good looks and charming personality.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I raised a puppy who ended up being a service dog and best friend to a teenager with cerebral palsy.

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    I've helped high school drop outs getting their GEDs, taught inner city gang bangers the finer point of cleaning a room, gotten rival gang members to work together to plan how to run their dorms, as a kid I peer counseled kids on probation. I've done a lot I guess. I never really think about it.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    Caring for my late husband during his bout wtih terminal cancer at home to the end.

Annie, you're good person. It's hard to explain to others what it takes to do what you did. You've got that inner strength that cannot be seen.

As, you may have read in this thread, my wife took care of me during my fight with cancer. She's one of the toughest people I know. She went thru hardships while I was drugged out cold. Some of those I'll never know about, others I can imagine.
    You couldn't separate us with a crowbar. We celebrated out 35th anniversary this last August.

Annie Oakley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Rural southern Indiana
    You and your wife are lucky and I am pleased that things worked out the way they did. It is a tough thing but it is what you sign up for when you say "I do".

As hard as it was it really is the thing that I have done in my life that gives me the most satisfaction. I know he would have done it for me. It was my last gift to him.

Congratulations on your 35 years....it is no small feat!

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Besides my family, kids, my parents and down to just projects I've done there is one DIY project I'm particular fond of.

I just finished putting sealer on this a couple hours ago to protect against the water and salt damage winter can do. With family obligations taking up most of my time when it's not raining the last few weeks I'm a little late getting this done this year.

It got me a little puffed up about it.

17547a_Truck_on_bridge_71.jpg

47 yards of concrete, 120 tons of limestone, 100 tons of gravel, 1/4 mile of rebar, 25 pounds of welding rods, started in August and poured the last concrete December 23.
    That's my story and I'm stick'n to it!

This is a thread I wrote at the same time I built it that goes in to all the detail and "how to's" of it.
    http://indianahuntingtoday.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19&highlight=bridge

Top Bottom