• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

This looks like a decent unbiased review.

Looks like you'll have to sink a few hundred into it to get a decent trigger, and get it running right.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    An 8lb SA trigger is indeed horrible. If I've gotta have a heavy trigger, I'd rather it be a long DA trigger where you can kinda moderate and spread the weight through the whole pull, rather than having to overcome an abrupt 8lb wall on a short SA trigger. This is probably a relatively easy fix, though.

The magazines falling out could very well have been a result of her goofy grip...who holds a pistol like that? She's got her support-hand thumb wrapped right over the button in just about every shot. She may get away with it on other designs, but my guess is this one is hitting it just right under recoil and dropping the mag.

Accuracy problems could have been the crappy optic, or even just the fact that it was loose as he admits in the video. I agree with him that I'd rather have no optic at all than that cheap piece of junk. I wish he'd removed it and just shot irons for the review, as at least then we'd have some kind of benchmark for accuracy.

Reliability...looks pretty bad. Not terribly surprising, though. The platform is finicky by nature, and you'd better be prepared to deal with that (either via your own gun-plumbing skills, or some disposable income and a good smith on speed dial) if you get into it, especially a bargain basement variant like this. If you want reliability out of the box, it can be bought form Stacatto and other higher-end places for ~$2500+, or there are plenty of sub-$400 police trade-in Glocks out there that judging from the video would be a preferable choice to the Girsan.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    An 8lb SA trigger is indeed horrible. If I've gotta have a heavy trigger, I'd rather it be a long DA trigger where you can kinda moderate and spread the weight through the whole pull, rather than having to overcome an abrupt 8lb wall on a short SA trigger. This is probably a relatively easy fix, though.

The magazines falling out could very well have been a result of her goofy grip...who holds a pistol like that? She's got her support-hand thumb wrapped right over the button in just about every shot. She may get away with it on other designs, but my guess is this one is hitting it just right under recoil and dropping the mag.

Accuracy problems could have been the crappy optic, or even just the fact that it was loose as he admits in the video. I agree with him that I'd rather have no optic at all than that cheap piece of junk. I wish he'd removed it and just shot irons for the review, as at least then we'd have some kind of benchmark for accuracy.

Reliability...looks pretty bad. Not terribly surprising, though. The platform is finicky by nature, and you'd better be prepared to deal with that (either via your own gun-plumbing skills, or some disposable income and a good smith on speed dial) if you get into it, especially a bargain basement variant like this. If you want reliability out of the box, it can be bought form Stacatto and other higher-end places for ~$2500+, or there are plenty of sub-$400 police trade-in Glocks out there that judging from the video would be a preferable choice to the Girsan.
    I’ve kinda been on fence about a 2011. Don’t want to spend more than a grand to get feet wet. Have only shot one before and wasn’t super impressed with it compared to any of my CZs but kinda want one that is mine I can tinker with.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I’ve kinda been on fence about a 2011. Don’t want to spend more than a grand to get feet wet. Have only shot one before and wasn’t super impressed with it compared to any of my CZs but kinda want one that is mine I can tinker with.
    I imagine that if you know your way around the internals of a 1911 you could probably figure this thing out and make it decent. But you'd be betting $1000 on your skillset. More if you have to replace parts, or outsource the work.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg

Used Prodigy isn't much more than a new Girsan and now the Tisas/MAC offering make the Girsan a tough sell if these issues are not just an early release anomaly.

I wanted a Staccato. My wallet wanted a surplus 40SW Glock so I bought in the middle. A Bul SAS II Tac.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I imagine that if you know your way around the internals of a 1911 you could probably figure this thing out and make it decent. But you'd be betting $1000 on your skillset.
    I know nothing about 1911 but have no doubt I can figure it out but not sure I wanna bet a grand on it yet lol.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I know nothing about 1911 but have no doubt I can figure it out but not sure I wanna bet a grand on it yet lol.
    You know, CZ has the answer to your problem :naughty:. I wish I could afford one! I'm not really a CZ guy, and I know it's not a true 2011, but if I was in the market for something in that genre, that'd be the one I'd want.

https://danwessonfirearms.com/product/dwx/

Top Bottom