• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

The GX4 Carry features the Taurus Optics Ready Option (T.O.R.O) for mounting optics (Holosun K-series footprint and similar). Unlike previous GX4 pistols, the GX4 Carry also features an accessory rail, perfect for mounting weapon mounted lights.

One of the best features of the GX4 Carry are its ergonomics, which are enhanced by the three available backstrap options. The grip is designed by shooters for shooters, and gives you maximum surface contact area in a small pistol. It also houses the 15 round magazines, making the GX4 Carry the capacity equal to much larger and harder to conceal pistols.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Cool, Taurus made a Hellcat Pro!

:)

Not liking the way the mag baseplate sticks out of the magwell, I much prefer a flush fit. But this will probaby be a good option for those who like the slim compact Hellcat Pro/X-Macro/Glock 43x/48 class of pistol, and want a budget option. Listed at $504.99 retail, I'm betting that they will be found in LGS for around $399-$429 or so.

toro.PNG

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Neighbor has a G2, and it is pretty decent gun. Shoots well, easy to clean, has decent capacity, and is very affordable. I have looked a G3's myself and they seem pretty good too.

If you proof fire 300-400 rounds, goes bang, and extracts fine, why not own one!
    I do own 2 Taurus revolvers with no complaints. Use to own a PT92, 9mm and it was a workhorse. Cars make lemons too, but all you can do is fix those and or trade them off.
    Good luck.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I was so happy with my GX-4 as an EDC, I traded my M&P9c away. I loved the ergonomics of the M&P, but the lighter gun, with the same capacity, sold me on the GX4, of course I want a full size M&P now.....as my wife says it never ends...." I am happy with the 11+1 of the regular mag, and the 13+1 of the spare mag....

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I was so happy with my GX-4 as an EDC, I traded my M&P9c away. I loved the ergonomics of the M&P, but the lighter gun, with the same capacity, sold me on the GX4, of course I want a full size M&P now.....as my wife says it never ends...." I am happy with the 11+1 of the regular mag, and the 13+1 of the spare mag....
    Now that it's 15rd I may look into it. If it fits my hand I'd be interested.
    I dislike handguns that I cannot get a firm grip on. These small guns are usually a no go for me.
    I did pick up a G3x and with the 17rd magazine it's perfect size. Full grip with a 3" barrel. Taurus seems to be the only one which offers something like this to date.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Now that it's 15rd I may look into it. If it fits my hand I'd be interested.
    I dislike handguns that I cannot get a firm grip on. These small guns are usually a no go for me.
    I did pick up a G3x and with the 17rd magazine it's perfect size. Full grip with a 3" barrel. Taurus seems to be the only one which offers something like this to date.
    Plenty of options in this space.

FN Reflex 15+1

1696006221034.png

M&P Shield Plus 15+1

1696006295160.png

P365 X or XL with X-Macro mag and Tactical Development basepad 17+1
    1696006813223.png

Just a little bigger (3.7" barrel). 17+1

1696006431421.png

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Plenty of options in this space.

FN Reflex 15+1

View attachment 302375

M&P Shield Plus 15+1

View attachment 302376

P365 X or XL with X-Macro mag and Tactical Development basepad 17+1
    View attachment 302380

Just a little bigger (3.7" barrel). 17+1

View attachment 302378
    Problem is again these may have very short grips which I dislike. Many handguns my little finger hangs off the bottom and that I do not like at all.
    I'm sure most of these fit most people's hands which is great, however people with big hands they are basically mousegun size, and irritating. I've tried the hellcat, p365 etc they are all to small in the grip for my liking.
    Besides Taurus brought out the a 17rd 3" pistol while everyone else was trying for 12+1 with a 3" barrel.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Problem is again these may have very short grips which I dislike. Many handguns my little finger hangs off the bottom and that I do not like at all.
    I'm sure most of these fit most people's hands which is great, however people with big hands they are basically mousegun size, and irritating. I've tried the hellcat, p365 etc they are all to small in the grip for my liking.
    Besides Taurus brought out the a 17rd 3" pistol while everyone else was trying for 12+1 with a 3" barrel.
    All of the ones I posted have 15-17 round capacity and full grips the same length as most full size service pistols, just thinner.

:dunno:

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Probably because it makes no sense having a full sized grip and a handicapped slide/barrel which is tucked and hidden in your pants. If you want a full size grip then carry a full size duty pistol.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Probably because it makes no sense having a full sized grip and a handicapped slide/barrel which is tucked and hidden in your pants. If you want a full size grip then carry a full size duty pistol.
    Depends on body shape and manner of carry. A shorter barrel with a longer grip is ideal for some who carry IWB appendix. My Shield Plus with its 13+1 configuration is not far from duty pistol capacity, yet it carries in a pocket holster just fine. My Hellcat Pro is 15+1 or 17+1 with the extended mag, same as a duty pistol, and carries much easier than any duty pistol out there OWB, being both slimmer and lighter. Its 3.7" barrel gets good velocity, and any velocity loss compared to a service size pistol isn't enough to make a difference.

Top Bottom