• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    Hey guys. After seeing Fenway's car thread and needing some body work myself, I decided to swing up to Diamond Collision and check out the operation. Allen was a class act and gave me a tour of the entire place. He did an estimate on my car on a Saturday when the shop was not open.

Because of all of this, I decided to let Allen and his team be the ones to do the work on my car. My GTO has 103,000 miles on it and until a few months ago, was accident free. The paint does show its age, but was in overall ok condition.

The car was backed into THE DAY I bought it. The guy (who didnt stick around and I assume drove a truck) put his tow hitch through the front bumper, dented, creased, and bowed the hood, smashed the headlight to hell, and bent the drivers side fender down and chipped the paint.

I have been driving around with a loner headlight for some time, but it is time to get it back to its owner and get the GTO looking like new again. Here is a quick picture of the car as it sits at Diamond Collision in Avon.

GTO.jpg

It will not look completely stock when it is done..Just a little teaser.

Cant wait to see it done!

Mike

Last edited:

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    :popcorn: Nice! So what all is being done. I notice circles on the doors. Were those areas damaged as well?

The hood is being replaced with a not so boring one, the front bumper is being replaced, the fender will be massaged back into correct spec, and the headlight is being replaced.

The marks on the door I would assume are problems they found on their initial look around the car and are not scheduled to be fixed.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    The hood is being replaced with a not so boring one, the front bumper is being replaced, the fender will be massaged back into correct spec, and the headlight is being replaced.

The marks on the door I would assume are problems they found on their initial look around the car and are not scheduled to be fixed.
    Sorry to hear about the accident, but you have to loose those circles on the door, real soon.:cool:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Cool! Looking forward to the progress :yesway:

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    They are amazing. My parents took their vehicles there when I was growing up. I have had the misfortune of visiting them a few times and they ALWAYS do AWESOME work.

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    Front bumper is off and we are waiting on parts. More pictures to come in the near future.

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    27 July...New pictures.

Better shot of the damage you can see without taking anything off.
    DSC01517.jpg

Crash bar is a little mangled...must have been a better hit then I thought.
    DSC01532.jpg

New hood...A mix between a Firehawk, 05-06 GTO, and a little custom. Its called the Banshee and seems to be the pick of the litter for GTO enthusiasts. I know I am excited to see it all painted up.
    DSC01572.jpg

As always, Allen is being very helpful and keeping me up to date as the work continues. I have never experienced this level of customer service with a body shop before. Class acts...all of them.

Mike

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    And so it begins :D Looking forward to the progress! :yesway:

27 July...New pictures.

Better shot of the damage you can see without taking anything off.
    DSC01517.jpg

Crash bar is a little mangled...must have been a better hit then I thought.
    DSC01532.jpg

New hood...A mix between a Firehawk, 05-06 GTO, and a little custom. Its called the Banshee and seems to be the pick of the litter for GTO enthusiasts. I know I am excited to see it all painted up.
    DSC01572.jpg

As always, Allen is being very helpful and keeping me up to date as the work continues. I have never experienced this level of customer service with a body shop before. Class acts...all of them.

Mike

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    Went to the shop yesterday to check out the hood in person and see how progress was being made. To my amazement, they were ahead of schedule on the car. Go figure. Here are some new pictures.

Hood on the car. Fender work started.
    Picture001.jpg

Drivers side fender ready for paint
    Picture001-1.jpg

Passenger side fender repaired (rock chips)
    Picture002.jpg

Things I did not get a picture of were the hood complete with primer, and a new K&N filter element because mine was crushed.

We are looking at a mid week completion date if the grills I ordered make it in time.

Mike

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    04 August Update

The last parts for the bumper are due in today and the car is otherwise ready for paint. It is looking like an early next week finished date isnt out of the question.

The car is ready for paint!
    Picture001-2.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I wonder what they would charge to fix the front bumper and drivers side fender on my ford focus... Plus all the hail damage

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    I wonder what they would charge to fix the front bumper and drivers side fender on my ford focus... Plus all the hail damage

Best to call or PM Allen and set up a time to get an estimate done. He is quick and very reasonable in price. Cant go wrong with them.

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    05 August Update.

Getting down to the wire. All parts are in and getting ready for paint.

Hood primed and being blocked
    Picture003.jpg

Hood in paint and being baked. Per manufacturer it cannot be baked at the same temp as the car so here it is by itself.
    Picture004.jpg

New bumper grills. One is a little messed up but Allen should be able to massage it back into spec
    Picture006.jpg

Top Bottom