• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Good on paper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 18, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I just joined USPSA this week and while I've hit a few steel challenges I've yet to shoot a USPSA course. I feel cautiously confident in my safe handling and understanding the RO commands but am not sure if I'm ready to participate. Should I come out and observe or should I go ahead and bring my gear and participate?

Accidentally posted before finishing

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    I just joined USPSA this week and while I've hit a few steel challenges I've yet to shoot a USPSA course. I feel cautiously confident in my safe handling and understanding the RO commands but am not sure if I'm ready to participate. Should I come out and observe or should I go ahead and bring my gear and participate?

Accidentally posted before finishing

You can come. As long as you follow the safety rules of gun handling (the 4 rules, keeping muzzle downrange and finger outside trigger guard when not engaging targets when moving, do not break the 180º rule during reloads and when engaging targets), you should be ok. Just shoot the targets and try not to rush. Tons of shooters there will help you.

Last edited:

Good on paper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 18, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You can come. As long as you follow the safety rules of gun handling (the 4 rules, keeping muzzle downrange and finger outside trigger guard when not engaging targets when moving, do not break the 180º rule during reloads and when engaging targets), you should be ok. Just shoot the targets and try not to rush. Tons of shooters there will help you.
    Thanks! I feel like I can handle the safety aspects and will go as slow as I need to, I guess everyone was the F.N.G. at one time. People have been friendly and supportive at all the matches I've been to.

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    Thanks! I feel like I can handle the safety aspects and will go as slow as I need to, I guess everyone was the F.N.G. at one time. People have been friendly and supportive at all the matches I've been to.

You will be fine. Just let your RO know that you are new and he will give you some pointers as well as move you down in the shooting order so you can see how others shoot it.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Uhh you can't break the 180 rule any of the time....:oldwise:

Just emphasizing as those mentioned are the most commonly broken for anyone new to this sport, when they're in the act of reloading or forgetting a target behind them. Cut them some slack man. Also might want to re read my post as I already mentioned about the muzzle.

Last edited:

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Good match today
    The stages were fun and our cro Chloe kept us all in line.
    40 degrees cooler would have been perfect.
    Chaney see what you can do for next month

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Thanks Matt, Steve, Gary, Janice and the rest of the WVPPS crew for a great match!!

[video=youtube;fh_1oZCHneQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh_1oZCHneQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom