• blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    ROs shoot for $10 which is a discount.

At WVPPS people that are there for setup by 8:30 and help the whole time are put on a list. At the nov. match those names are put in a drawing for some type of firearm. Helping at 1 match wont get you in the drawing. It is a small way to try and reward the people that help the most. Seemed pretty successful in the past.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Knock on wood...help hasn't been much of an issue for a few years.

Same group pretty much every match, just enough of them ?

Got to Silvercreek early last Sunday and was suprised that they had a grand total of three people doing all the last day outdoor stuff plus the one guy in the clubhouse taking payments. I had assumed that being 5 miles from a large city would make them a bit fat with help compared to other places. Not a knock, just a note that Dave and Rich and D Class single stack sandbagger deserve atta boys.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Same group pretty much every match, just enough of them ?

Got to Silvercreek early last Sunday and was suprised that they had a grand total of three people doing all the last day outdoor stuff plus the one guy in the clubhouse taking payments. I had assumed that being 5 miles from a large city would make them a bit fat with help compared to other places. Not a knock, just a note that Dave and Rich and D Class single stack sandbagger deserve atta boys.

WVPPS is pretty fortunate to have a dedicated bunch that don't mind getting sweaty before a match. It is why we start a little later but we are generally able to get it set up in less that 2 hours. We have/had an organized match director that doles out responsibilities and then the crew goes and gets $#!t done.

blkrifle

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    terre haute
    WVPPS is pretty fortunate to have a dedicated bunch that don't mind getting sweaty before a match. It is why we start a little later but we are generally able to get it set up in less that 2 hours. We have/had an organized match director that doles out responsibilities and then the crew goes and gets $#!t done.

THIS ^^^

jpw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    I have been helping set up matches since 1996 and it is always been the same set up crews....I hate to tell you youngster that we are not getting any younger so, if you want to continue to shoot get off your ass and learn how and what goes into setting up a match. ...

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Setup Help

I have been helping set up matches since 1996 and it is always been the same set up crews....I hate to tell you youngster that we are not getting any younger so, if you want to continue to shoot get off your ass and learn how and what goes into setting up a match. ...

I love how on the internet everyone knows everything... :rolleyes:

I have always helped setup matches that I attend. With the caveat that it has to be the setup and shooting on same day. I recently moved to the area and have been trying to get to a match post move. I needed to know how much cash to withdraw cause I was planning on showing up to help. But based on some of the above comments frankly I am a little put off. It is not helpful getting people into the sport with assumptions based on internet wisdom. Being referenced as youngster does not help either. *Deleted*

Parker

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

I have always helped setup matches that I attend. With the caveat that it has to be the setup and shooting on same day. I recently moved to the area and have been trying to get to a match post move. I needed to know how much cash to withdraw cause I was planning on showing up to help. But based on some of the above comments frankly I am a little put off. It is not helpful getting people into the sport with assumptions based on internet wisdom. Being referenced as youngster does not help either. Perhaps you are one of those folks that I always paste and reset for while you sit on your A$$.

Parker

Hi, Parker!

Why do you think jpw was addressing you specifically? If you want to help, help. It will be greatly appreciated by the WVPPS crew. If you don't want to help, don't. Don't blame it on getting your feelings hurt by responses on here.

Also, your suggestion that jpw is "one of those folks that I [sic] always paste and reset for while you [sic] sit on your A$$" is wrong as well as rude.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton

I have always helped setup matches that I attend. With the caveat that it has to be the setup and shooting on same day. I recently moved to the area and have been trying to get to a match post move. I needed to know how much cash to withdraw cause I was planning on showing up to help. But based on some of the above comments frankly I am a little put off. It is not helpful getting people into the sport with assumptions based on internet wisdom. Being referenced as youngster does not help either. Perhaps you are one of those folks that I always paste and reset for while you sit on your A$$.

Parker

It appears your first sentence applies here

JPW does a lot for our club and is a great asset to be had. I am pretty sure she wasnt addressing any one in particular but just stating her opinion that happens to be pretty accurate. Your question was answered by Coach

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    It appears your first sentence applies here

JPW does a lot for our club and is a great asset to be had. I am pretty sure she wasnt addressing any one in particular but just stating her opinion that happens to be pretty accurate. Your question was answered by Coach

I look forward to shooting with you folks Sunday. Perhaps meeting and talking face to face will better serve us then reading into things we shouldn't. I appreciate coach's answer.

Parker

mattdennis3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    Lebanon
    Parker- i look forward to meeting you on the range. If you can make it for set up, even better.

Looks like like we still need a few ROs. And if set up goes well we will have 7 stages. Round count is 184.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I look forward to shooting with you folks Sunday. Perhaps meeting and talking face to face will better serve us then reading into things we shouldn't.

Maybe, but I know most of those guys and they really are *******s.

(Makes shooting with them more fun for some reason, birds of a feather?? )

Top Bottom