• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Pretty common method but it is despicable. SCOTUS has said that police can lie to suspects. Lying and inferring to a child that if you don't go against your father, then we will pin it on you is beyond the pale though. But once again what has happened here, ultimately the taxpayers of Detroit are the ones paying for this, not the people involved in the activity.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    Pretty scary. Unfortunately this sort of BS happens a lot; social services tends to get preferential treatment in front of the court and a significant number of kids are taken out of their parents homes based on weak or inadmissable evidence. The kicker is that a lot of the parents are poor and poorly educated so they have a hard time fighting the system.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    Pretty common method but it is despicable. SCOTUS has said that police can lie to suspects. Lying and inferring to a child that if you don't go against your father, then we will pin it on you is beyond the pale though. But once again what has happened here, ultimately the taxpayers of Detroit are the ones paying for this, not the people involved in the activity.
    and yet it still amazes me why people offer voluntary information for the cops, such as they are carrying a firearm..

well hey, I'm a power tripping pig and i hate people carrying guns. well guess what you told me you had one on you, im going to take it, check to see if it's stolen, well guess what it was reported stolen.

which obviously would've been a lie.

PAGING DREDD. Please defend your so called brother in uniform. lol

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I read this this morning, it is a travesty and likely occurs more often than we'd think. $1.8 is too little. People need to go to prison over this. Governmental immunities need to go away, forever. You falsely arrest and ruin someone then you deserve prison. Period. The system is too heavily weighted in favour of government and their workers. This needs to be halted.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    I'm just glad that the article says the kid is going well. 2 hours of being in the hot seat, being manipulated and lied to, well that's the kind of stuff that messes kids, especially that young of an age to be messed up permanently. I would really like to see that officer do jail time, however it would never happen because he would be killed within 3 days if he were in prison.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    A terrible thing to see but expect more of it as power hungry security people use thier new mandate to check out everybody and everything. They pick up something small and run with it never bothering to realize how far they are taking it. Really sad the wake of destruction and mistrust left behind after an incident like this.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I read this this morning, it is a travesty and likely occurs more often than we'd think. $1.8 is too little. People need to go to prison over this. Governmental immunities need to go away, forever. You falsely arrest and ruin someone then you deserve prison. Period. The system is too heavily weighted in favour of government and their workers. This needs to be halted.

How about a system change so that discovering that they were dealing with a good family got the same pat on the back as discovering a crime?

There is something very, very wrong when the system encourages an agent of the government to treat a young boy like that. The psychological agony that child was going through makes me very, very angry, and I don't get mad easily.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Worthless F'ing POS cop. MF'er deserves one thing to die a horrible painful death. I hate to see crap like this happen. Yea I figure I am getting a neg point for my outburst, but I am sorry I just cant control myself.... Cop does something like that to one of my children, and they will be putting me in the chair...

INGunGuy

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Worthless F'ing POS cop. MF'er deserves one thing to die a horrible painful death. I hate to see crap like this happen. Yea I figure I am getting a neg point for my outburst, but I am sorry I just cant control myself.... Cop does something like that to one of my children, and they will be putting me in the chair...

INGunGuy

Probably the most agonizing part of that sick interaction is when the boy begins to doubt his father because that sorry excuse of a human tells him that he has proof his father did it.

Even after he finds out his father was innocent of that nasty, disgusting accusation, he has to live with having doubted his father when his father needed his loyalty most.

But of course, this was just an isolated incident.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute

INGunGuy

A lot of these incidents don't even start with a cop. Read the OP. This started with a person who was "helping the girl communicate" by typing for her on a keyboard. The alleged victim had the cognitive skills of a two year old. The helper was literally able to put words in her mouth.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    But of course, this was just an isolated incident.

"We'll assess everything, but really, right off-hand, I can't think of anything they would do differently because we really don't think they did anything wrong," he said.

"nothing more than a business decision by the insurance company, with no admission of wrongdoing or of any liability."

Those defendants are due in federal court in Ann Arbor on Thursday. They have asked the judge to dismiss the case on the grounds of governmental immunity.

The isolated incident/few bad apples excuse is quickly replacing the "internal investigation" as a favored punchline of stand-up comedians.

Something that crossed my mind while watching this video, how or what do you teach your children about law enforcers? If you live outside of a small town, the days of peace officers actually being part of the community are gone and have been replaced by distance hires and the shuffle game. Peace officers have given way to law/code enforcers and a premium is placed on arrests and convictions instead of justice and peace. An innocuous "Daddy drank on new years eve" mentioned to the school law enforcers has the potential to launch an investigation and drag your family through the ringer.

My son is at the age where he is learning the limits of his physicality and bravery. He is rambunctious boy, just how I envisioned him. I love it. But, a week doesn't go by where he doesn't have some bump, scrape, or bruise somewhere on his body. You see where this is going.

How do you communicate to a young child that these men and women have the potential to ruin your life, or the potential to save it?

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    A lot of these incidents don't even start with a cop. Read the OP. This started with a person who was "helping the girl communicate" by typing for her on a keyboard. The alleged victim had the cognitive skills of a two year old. The helper was literally able to put words in her mouth.

I include that person in who deserves jailtime or the chair for starting the whole process.

INGunGuy

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Governmental immunities need to go away, forever. You knowingly and maliciously falsely arrest and ruin someone then you deserve prison. Period. The system is too heavily weighted in favour of government and their workers. This needs to be halted.

Make the above changes and I'm so totally on board with it. I would hate to hamstring someone who acted within the scope of their duties on good faith though. They'd have to show compelling justification for the mistake (innocent matched the description to a T, things like that). But I don't think there's much room for error in this one. They knew going in the "evidence" was crap at best. They decided to proceed anyway. :xmad: :noway:

That's what stuck with me the most. I was trying to figure just how someone would be able to make "my father raped me" out of anything a two-year-old could create. In any form the admission might take. And people wonder why I'm so adamant against allowing CPS into the home without a warrant or appointment with the appropriate protections in place.

Vile humans. Just vile.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    The lady helping her communicate helped type a well scripted informative letter about years of sexual abuse, but in the court room when helping her answer questions that the helper hadn't heard it was all jibberish. That **** should have stopped right then.

I think this would be a good time for us all to review the "Don't Talk to the Police" video. Especially the second half where the dectective discusses how he interrogates and that nothing revealed to him can help you, and all of it COULD hurt. Very important. I realize this child couldn't have known that...and that it's tough to sit quietly when he says mean things but just stay silent when in the hot chair.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Every contact you have with people who have that much power is a potential life-altering event. Best to avoid such contact when at all possible. That's how I'll raise my daughter.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    Well, my daughter was suspended from school for 5 days BECAUSE SHE SAID NO TO DRUGS. So, my children know to NEVER and I mean NEVER talk to ANYONE in an authority position at school or otherwise without myself or my wife being present.

INGunGuy

Top Bottom