• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Well, my daughter was suspended from school for 5 days BECAUSE SHE SAID NO TO DRUGS. So, my children know to NEVER and I mean NEVER talk to ANYONE in an authority position at school or otherwise without myself or my wife being present.

INGunGuy

Can you say more about this? I think I've seen you refer to it before, but I can't remember the details, or never got them.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    I couldn't finish watching the videos. Just plain sickening. The aid that helped type the message should have every credential she has revoked. The cop should be publicly fired and they should both be blacklisted from any position of power.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I, too, couldn't finish watching the videos. Anger and sickness over the situation (hindsight being 20/20 since I know how the situation turned out and the truth of the matter), and I am not bashing LEO. I am referring to anger at the person "facilitating" communication for the girl and that one particular LEO that was doing the questioning.

Something that crossed my mind while watching this video, how or what do you teach your children about law enforcers?
    My son is in his early teens now. We have talked with each other about different situations in the news over time where children were isolated, either in school or by police, and pressured to talk to the adult in charge of the situation. My advice to him - four words: "I want my parent(s)."

Innocent (which he should be, he's a decent kid) or guilty: "I want my parent(s)."

My son is at the age where he is learning the limits of his physicality and bravery. He is rambunctious boy, just how I envisioned him. I love it. But, a week doesn't go by where he doesn't have some bump, scrape, or bruise somewhere on his body. You see where this is going.

How do you communicate to a young child that these men and women have the potential to ruin your life, or the potential to save it?
    My sons (1 biological, 1 step-son) were both the same way. Bruises, cuts, scrapes... bandaids and bandages at various times on arms, legs, fingers, etc. when they went to school. We always had the thought in the back of our mind, right up to today, that we might be questioned at some point by someone wondering about potential abuse in the home. We did the same thing then that I suggested to you above - "I want my parent(s)." I can articulate and defend a situation much more clearly than my son can.

Wifey and I always felt like we were walking a fine line with encouraging our sons not to talk to LEO. We felt like we were taking some of his innocence away by not encouraging him to put his trust in a person that was in a position of authority. We basically settled the issue by telling the boys that, "Generally, you can trust a LEO to help you. If they start to question you in a situation where they think you or someone around you has done wrong, ask for one of us (parents). We will always have your best interest at heart and help the LEO sort things out."

It wasn't perfect, but it was the best that wifey and I could come up.

Last edited:

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    another fine example of why cops are not your friends. where do they get these people? this is nothing short of pure evil. im starting to think they are from another planet or hell not sure which one.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I've said it before but I'll say it again: An investigation should be a quest for truth, not a quest for conviction. Until it is just as laudable to clear a suspect as it is to charge a suspect we will continue to see abuses like this.

Dredd

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    we all know media lies. those clips are all trimed down to just show what they wanted to show. i will remain silent on this one until the truth comes out that the ofifcer was framed

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    we all know media lies. those clips are all trimed down to just show what they wanted to show. i will remain silent on this one until the truth comes out that the ofifcer was framed
    ok you guys whos posing as this roscoe p. coltrane wannabe?

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    You should just flat out remain silent.

Top Bottom