• ...and so much more!
  • wlr2

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Their web site crashed, no manned phone support during the web blackout, and impossible to reach customer service.
    Once I did get in touch with "customer service" their response was along the lines of "tough :poop: , we don't give a damn".

I will NEVER recommend them to anyone, nor will I purchase anything from them. I discourage any one else from doing business with them either, unless you like to be treated like crap.

wlr2

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    They had a sale going on.
    I was on their website prior to the time of the sale.
    5 minutes before go time their site became unresponsive.
    1 minute before go time their site went off line.
    When their site became responsive (but painfully slow), all sale items were gone.

The conversation with customer service was underwellming.

I'm not crying about not getting any of the sale items. I'm more turned off by their lack of preparation for the sale.
    Website crashes, no phone support, damn near impossible to get a good email address to reach anyone at all if you don't have a current and valid order number.
    And once you do get in touch with someone, they don't give a damn. Complete lack of concern on their part.

Got the same feeling as if being in a lgs and being completely ignored by the staff.

Tc343

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Apr 17, 2012
    Greenfield
    Not really their fault that it crashed do to overwhelming people on their site. The fact that others were able to buy there stuff tells me they beat you before it went down or after. They aren't going to give out freebies, and black Friday is VERY STRESSFUL for retail. So I see nothing wrong here. Don't bash a provider just because you MISSED OUT.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Got the same feeling as if being in a lgs and being completely ignored by the staff.

I have the magic to fix this issue:
    • Make eye contact with salesman
    • Very slightly move your head in a upward and to the left motion
    • If this doesn't work try a short whistle and say: "gotta sec?"
    • Before doing any of the above please ensure that the salesman is not with another customer who arrived before you and is just as important to the world as you are

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    10,000+ people placing a online order at the same time and their web sight crashes..... I'm shocked....

next... 10,000+ people calling their phone system and get no answer.... I'm shocked...

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    so OP has no reasonable expectation for any level of customer service whatsoever? I'll have to remember that the next time there is a pout party from anyone else.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    He didn't give off the vibe that this was a genuine complaint. Things like this happen on the internet when deals like that are posted. Its life. I got the vibe that unless they sold him the gun he was going to ***** about it no matter what.

It sounds like he called, and said I was here soon enough I should have gotten that deal, and the operator said, I am sorry, but you didn't that's just tuff luck.

wlr2

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Wow.
    I was posting about crap customer service or the complete lack there of.
    Should have known beter than to try to help others avoid the same experience.

Don't try to give me crap about expecting a web site to crash or the lack of phone support.
    I used to manage a call center with an online store front for a major electronics manufacturer. I have first hand knowledge of what it takes to make things happen.

I'm sure that everyone that has flamed me has NEVER had a problem with customer service from any retailer at all. Get off of your high horse.

Life must be rough for me you say? You have no clue. Why don't you try living with MS and then tell me how rough it is. Or why don't you try posting a valid complaint and being flamed for it.

Why do I have a low post count? It's because of people like yourselves that think they are better than everyone else and have the answer for everything.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wow.
    I was posting about crap customer service or the complete lack there of.
    Should have known beter than to try to help others avoid the same experience.

Don't try to give me crap about expecting a web site to crash or the lack of phone support.
    I used to manage a call center with an online store front for a major electronics manufacturer. I have first hand knowledge of what it takes to make things happen.

I'm sure that everyone that has flamed me has NEVER had a problem with customer service from any retailer at all. Get off of your high horse.

Life must be rough for me you say? You have no clue. Why don't you try living with MS and then tell me how rough it is. Or why don't you try posting a valid complaint and being flamed for it.

Why do I have a low post count? It's because of people like yourselves that think they are better than everyone else and have the answer for everything.

You did come off a bit high on your own horse but I understand the feelings.
    You have to realize that those folks were pounded with the same request/complaint that you had. The internet commandos were circling their keyboards ready to swarm the site in search of the perfect "Deal" and there are only so many on the shelf.
    Do you think that the magic prices on big screen TV's at Target/WalMart and other Black Friday haunts are for unlimited numbers of those items. Hell no they aren't. They may have 3 to 5 of them at each location. 1st come last served. It is the way of things.
    An internet site getting over run is not much different than standing in line to get into a Target store as the place is full to the bursting point.
    To get upset over that is a total push past reality......especially on Black Friday.
    I think that is what has been relayed in this thread but maybe a bit on the harsh side.
    Take a pill, relax.

Last edited:

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I get the OP frustration, similar experience last Christmas with Ammoman.com

Stayed up late on work night, tried for a couple hours to get order to go thru, by time it finally did...bam...kick in the biscuits, out of stock.

In grand scheme of life, if that's worst thing that happens to OP, you, or me, dang good day.

Any thoughts on how to become one of those who's orders go thru? PC speed, Internet connection, blind luck?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I get the OP frustration, similar experience last Christmas with Ammoman.com

Stayed up late on work night, tried for a couple hours to get order to go thru, by time it finally did...bam...kick in the biscuits, out of stock.

In grand scheme of life, if that's worst thing that happens to OP, you, or me, dang good day.

Any thoughts on how to become one of those who's orders go thru? PC speed, Internet connection, blind luck?

Blind luck.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    There you go.....now most people dont have to worry about it.

TWO IMPORTANT CHANGES TO OUR CYBER MONDAY SALE !!
    First, to accommodate our West Coast customers we are pushing the below cost item deals back to 12pm EST.
    Second, ONLY customers with at least one previous order will be able to purchased and complete check out with a below cost Cyber Monday deal

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    It absolutely IS Bud's fault for the website crashing. Such response to (unbelievably) low deals is ALWAYS to be anticipated, and planned for.

Bud's 'excuses' are just that, excuses. The more information that comes out about this issue, the more it looks like some form of 'bait and switch' type scam. NO quantities listed, etc. There ARE laws governing such advertising tactics.

If Bud's was intending to 'reward' their 'loyal customers' as they claim, they could have simply offered those deals ONLY to those loyal customers via invitation. Bud's most assuredly has the Bud's account info, home addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, etc. of those customers. Bud's specifically chose NOT to do so. One should then ask them self, "Why?"

For those who tried and missed out should, absolutely, contact the FTC and file a complaint. Hopefully, this 'unfortunate' (yet, undoubtedly dubious, and perhaps well-planned) incident will cost Bud's thousands of dollars. Too bad.

Though I have ordered from Bud's multiple times in the past, I vehemently disagree with such questionable sales tactics. Therefore, I would be highly resistant to ordering from Bud's at any time in the future.

Caveat emptor, vote with your dollars. If enough people do this, Bud's and other retailers using these tactics will go the way of the Dodo.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom