• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'd say it's far from the norm. Most cops probably go their entire careers without having to shoot anyone, little less actually draw their guns. This guy should be investigated. I think it says something very disturbing about him that he's seen fit to shoot 3 citizens. That he shot and killed an unarmed man says even more. This guy's likely just another serial killer with a uniform fetish.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Dude, it's Chicago. In Chicago you have guys that like to pull their scouts cars under overpasses and sleep and you have guys that like to hunt.

If you want to get in a fight in Chicago, it's real easy. The fact that one was unarmed is not a problem per se.

Investigation? O.K. but I would think that was done with every PAS.

Serial Killer? A little premature.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I have it on authority that most CPD officers never unholster their weapons in the course of duty during their careers. Maybe a slight exaggeration. But this... If you catch the BG in the act, sure, but unless he was still actively resisting.

If police start executing suspects, how long until felons figure out their only chance of escape is to kill the officers.

Then you would truly have the Wild West on big city streets.

Last edited:

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    So you approve of standing over a prone suspect and shooting him repeatedly in the back as he lies on the ground.

Got it.

Maybe someday someone will do that to you, and I'll buy them a beer.

When your opinion counts, let me know.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    When your opinion counts, let me know.

My opinion obviously counts enough that you took the time to reply to my comment, didn't it?

And I meant that. If anyone ever shoots you to death as you lie helpless on the ground, I'll find them and buy them a beer.

You deserve that much.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Hmmm, well I worked with an officer that had at least 2 if not 3 fatal shootings before he retired. The last of which was the killer of the Butler Officer Davis back in 2004. He was a crap magnet. He found armed robbers, carjackers, burglars, murderers, like no one else. He had a nose for it. If a bank robbery was broadcast on the other side of the city, he would start looking for the suspects and more often than not, found them. He was the only guy I know that would take a stolen vehicle report, go on vacation and while on vacation out of town, find the car that was reported stolen to him. He would just stumble on that stuff. Should he have been investigated?

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Hmmm, well I worked with an officer that had at least 2 if not 3 fatal shootings before he retired. The last of which was the killer of the Butler Officer Davis back in 2004. He was a crap magnet. He found armed robbers, carjackers, burglars, murderers, like no one else. He had a nose for it. If a bank robbery was broadcast on the other side of the city, he would start looking for the suspects and more often than not, found them. He was the only guy I know that would take a stolen vehicle report, go on vacation and while on vacation out of town, find the car that was reported stolen to him. He would just stumble on that stuff. Should he have been investigated?
    did he execute people laying face down and not resisting?

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    why even investigate him, obviously you guys already know what happened in each individual case have the proof he is dirty and is a "serial murderer" so lets just execute him... Right?

Oh you just heard what the news said? well we all know the news is always 100% accurate and up front with all the info.

Last edited:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I have it on authority that most CPD officers never unholster their weapons in the course of duty during their careers. Maybe a slight exaggeration. But this... If you catch the BG in the act, sure, but unless he was still actively resisting.

If police start executing suspects, how long until felons figure out their only chance of escape is to kill the officers.

Then you would truly have the Wild West on big city streets.

Seems to me I remember two or three Chicago cops being murdered while off-duty in the past year - one while he was coming out of the precinct after getting off shift. I'd say war has already come to Chicago.

And since the shooting in question is already being re-reviewed by the FBI, the department, and an apparently independent review committee, what's the beef? If he can't justify the shooting, he'll be charged and tried. And, you never know, it might have been a righteous shooting, after all.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    I worked with a couple of guys like Denny describes. Not our job to condemn the CPD officer, especially without all the facts. Give the system an opportunity to work through this.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    why even investigate him, obviously you guys already know what happened in each individual case have the proof he is dirty and is a "serial murderer" so lets just execute him... Right?

Oh you just heard what the news said? well we all know the news is always 100% accurate and up front with all the info.

When you have a hard on for cops like mrjarrel does you dont even need to watch the news. If it has to do with cops, just make it up to feed the dream.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Seems to me I remember two or three Chicago cops being murdered while off-duty in the past year - one while he was coming out of the precinct after getting off shift. I'd say war has already come to Chicago.

And since the shooting in question is already being re-reviewed by the FBI, the department, and an apparently independent review committee, what's the beef? If he can't justify the shooting, he'll be charged and tried. And, you never know, it might have been a righteous shooting, after all.
    You're talking about people shooting officers, but that's not the case here. It's being reviewed. If it turns out justifiable, fine.

That being said, you want to offer criminals an incentive to surrender, rather than fight the police, take hostages, etc.

War in Chicago? I hope it hasn't come to that yet.

Top Bottom