• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hiram Abiff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Wayne Co.
    A shooting inside of a New Jersey church service Sunday morning left one woman dead and two others hospitalized, MyFOXNY is reporting.
    Reshma James, 24, died after being shot by her estranged husband during church services at St. Thomas Knanaya Church in Clifton, NorthJersey.com said.
    Congregants were attending the morning service when shots were reported at 11:40 a.m. According to the church’s Web site, service traditionally begins at 11:15 a.m.
    Dennis John and Silvy Perincheril, both of Hawthorne, were reportedly injured in the shooting, according to NorthJersey.com. Perincheril — who was shot in the stomach— is the church's choir director. James was Perincheril's niece, visiting from California.
    The shooting was believed to be a case of domestic violence, with the gunmen suspected to be the spouse of James, NorthJersey.com said.
    A witness told NorthJersey.com that the shooter came into to the church saying, "I came to take my wife."
    Officials from the Passaic County sheriff’s department and the prosecutor’s office responded to the scene, where more than 200 parishioners had been attending service, MyFOXNY reported.
    According to NJ.com, St. Thomas Knanaya is a Syrian Orthodox Church. People at the scene said that the shooting took place during a prayer service for the dead.
    Port Authority Police and the State Police have been notified that a suspect — who remains at large — may be trying to evade capture by fleeing to one of the nearby metropolitan airports, MyFOXNY said.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    We heard about that when we got back from church today. As I have started doing lately, I was armed. I feel better about doing it every time I hear about one of these church shootings.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    All of you church goers that feel you don't need to carry when in church, MAY want to read this twice!!!

Last edited:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    More fodder for changing Indiana's ban on carry in places that have a weekday daycare that is not even in use during services/weekends.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    More fodder for changing Indiana's ban on carry in places that have a weekday daycare that is not even in use during services/weekends.
    Conversely, more fodder to the one's that wish to ban firearms completely. After all, if we didn't have guns it would not have happened!:rolleyes: The ONLY thing this shows, is that YOU are responsible for your OWN safety, and no law can or will change that. If you CHOOSE to go unarmed, then so be it!

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Vigilant, This statement above all others I agree with 100%

vigilant said:
    he ONLY thing this shows, is that YOU are responsible for your OWN safety, and no law can or will change that.

As I said ]Here

w9zeb said:
    The sad truth is violence is not something we go looking for. Violence is something that is thrust on us with little or no warning, likely when and where you are least expecting it.

Top Bottom