+1 for A&A BFG/A&A Vortex .300 Blackout build! REVIEW!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarioMarietta

Marksman
    Rating - 96.9%
    61   2   1
    Apr 20, 2010
    Clinton Indiana
    Well I wanted to do something different than most people and since i'm a huge fan of bolt guns heres what I did. I got ahold of Bryan at BFG Design (he is right here on INGO) and told him I needed a BFG stainless threaded .300 Blackout barrel for a Savage Axis. For you that are not familiar with the Savage Axis it is a inexpensive entry gun and the .223 and 300 blackout use same bolt face and magazine. Bryan came by the shop and I threw the barrel up on the action and half hour later we had a NICE LOOKING .300 BLACKOUT!

The Savage AXIS has a bad trigger and Timney has a nice adjustable trigger available for about 100$ (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) ! Next I called Alan at A&A Optics and we discussed what I was building and he said to check out the Crossfire II 6-18X44 this scope is in the 250$ range but is like using a 500$ or 600$ scope. The glass is clear as any high end glass the adjustments are crisp and precise. I will be purchasing another for my 22LR project. Alan is a great guy and very good at pointing you in the right direction for your budget and project.

As far as the end result with Remington 115 grain UMC ammo which is 12$ per box here at M&S Armament shot a dime size group at 65 yards and the 220 grain subsonic Remington which is 19.99$ per box here at M&S Armament shot a dime size 5 shot group as well. Budget rifle with high end results! (I do run a YHM 7.62 Suppressor on my gun and the barrel is threaded from BFG)

Gun here at M&S in .223 329$ (can rebarrel for 40$)
    Barrel at BFG 170$
    Scope at A&A 250$ or around that price
    Trigger (Optional but suggested 100$)
    750$ or 850$ with trigger

photo11op.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    noah.richey