+1 for Elkhart Co. Sherrif! Individual rights trump Feds!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Yeah, Sheriff's Department here in Elkhart is pretty good. They follow and enforce the letter of the law, and don't try to interpret or make it up as they go.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I wonder if he was in office when we (INGO) did the group buy back in 2008/2009 and sent all of the Indiana Sherriff's a copy of the "The County Sheriff"?

-Jedi

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Gawd, how I love stuff like this!!!

Based on my LEO experience, I am convinced that all state, township, and city law enforcement agencies should be abolished and that county sheriffs should be the sole law enforcment representives in any given area.

I learned, much to my detriment, that police chiefs serve not the public, but whoever appointed them and they gladly violate the civil rights of citizens to keep their jobs.

Sheriffs answer directly to the people, and it shows.

Has anyone noticed that sheriffs are usually supportive of gun rights, while police chiefs usually oppose them?

That because if you're a police chief and your crooked, power-hungry superiors are opposed to the Second Amendment, then YOU are opposed to the Second Amendment because if you publicly support gun rights you'll lose your job. The fact that suppression of gun rights costs innocent lives is secondary to the police chief's personal interests, and to such a person the Constitution means nothing at all.

Not so with Sheriffs.

BRAVO!!! Sheriff Rogers!!!

Based on MY experiences living in the South, County Sheriffs can be some of the most corrupt *******s you might ever wish not to see in your rear view mirror - especially if you are not a citizen of their county.

Let's face it. Sheriffs are public officials, just like appointed officials, and they can be just as stupid, corrupt, and venal as any other official, elected or appointed. They can also display outstanding fidelity to their office and the citizens by whom they are selected to serve.

sur+rifle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    Warrick, IN
    Elkhart County Sheriff tells feds they need warrants

EDIT: this post was the start of an additional thread. One existed from a week ago. Now merged. SDH

I don't know about all of you, but it made my day to see an Indiana Sheriff standing up for a community member and demanding that federal agents follow the law:

Elkhart County sheriff intervenes against feds in raw milk case

Here's a :yesway: to you Sheriff Rogers.

Last edited by a moderator:

CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    I don't know about all of you, but it made my day to see an Indiana Sheriff standing up for a community member and demanding that federal agents follow the law:

Elkhart County sheriff intervenes against feds in raw milk case

Here's a :yesway: to you Sheriff Rogers.

++1 for Sheriff Rodger, The Feds are going after the Amosh in Pennsylvania for there selling and using raw milk. So, why is the Obama nation servents so upset about this? What is in store purchased milk, that they don't want us to know, or is it big business trying to push out the little guy with the help of the Feds? :xmad: You would think they would be happy because it organic in the going green program.

Top Bottom