• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The gentlemen at Dick's said Marlin is a mess after being bought out by the Remington conglomerate.

He's absolutely right. We recently had two new Marlin 1894s that simply refused to feed. We sent them to our gunsmith, who ordered new parts from Marlin (took several weeks). The parts that were sent did not fit, and could not be made to fit. :n00b: Our next course of action was to send the guns back to Marlin. They directed us to one of their authorized service centers... we contacted the two closest ones, and were told we could send the guns, but they didn't have any parts yet and didn't know how long it would take to get the guns back to us. :n00b: :xmad: :wallbash:

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    Well, now that my faith in Marlin has been shaken I'm looking at other options. I purchased the Marlin for several reasons, price not really being one of them.
    1. I was wanting to put together an Appleseed gun for a shoot this summer.
    2. I like 'different' so a 10/22 was out of the question, although I did see one at Dick's that I liked.
    3. Marlin's reputation for quality and my previous experience with Marlin Firearms.
    3. The 795's reputation for accuracy.
    4. A 10 round magazine.

The selection of mag fed 22 autoloaders is a bit lacking. Any suggestions in the $100 to $250 range. Anyone have any experience with the Mossberg 702?
    picture.php

I like this one and it has a 10 round mag.
    I'll give the 795 to my son when I get it back.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Well, now that my faith in Marlin has been shaken I'm looking at other options. I purchased the Marlin for several reasons, price not really being one of them.
    1. I was wanting to put together an Appleseed gun for a shoot this summer.
    2. I like 'different' so a 10/22 was out of the question, although I did see one at Dick's that I liked.
    3. Marlin's reputation for quality and my previous experience with Marlin Firearms.
    3. The 795's reputation for accuracy.
    4. A 10 round magazine.

The selection of mag fed 22 autoloaders is a bit lacking. Any suggestions in the $100 to $250 range. Anyone have any experience with the Mossberg 702?
    picture.php

I like this one and it has a 10 round mag.

I want to get a THOMPSON BENCHMARK 22 LR rifle:cool:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    It can happen to anyone. It's people doing the QC, and people make mistakes, or they intentionally let things go. I have owned a few Marlin rifles, my Dad ownes a few himself. I have never had any issues with them what so ever.

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    Cerberus is the owner of Remington, Bushmaster, DPMS, and Marlin. They are also the people that finished the Chrysler train wreck before Fiat took over. They also had the reins of GMAC when it went into the ground. They have quite a track record of running acquisitions into the ground.

Top Bottom