• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Last weekend I was passing through Seymour on my way to go shooting. My Cousin was with me and he forgot his hearing protection and wanted to stop and pick up a pair of ear muffs.
    We stopped at the Wal-Mart in Seymour. Getting out of my cousins SUV we both covered our hand guns. As we walked in he went to the back and I went to the John. As I strolled to the back of the store I quickly noticed a man standing in the cough medicine isle wearing a gun on his hip in a nylon uncle mikes holster (the one size fits all type with extra mag pouch).
    He was being helped by, a Wal-Mart employee, find what he was looking for and then he checked out and left.
    The point of my story is that at no time was he told to cover it or asked to leave because of it. I just thought this required pointing out. As much as I avoid shopping at Wal-Mart for personal beliefs I must give them a plus 1.

NO this is not a thread about OC or CC so don't thread jack it.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I'll try not to make fun of you for having "personal beliefs" involving that very special higher power... Wal-Mart. :):

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    He was being helped by, a Wal-Mart employee, find what he was looking for and then he checked out and left.

I am just speachless....who cares about whether there is a gun involved or not...YOU WITNESSED CUSTOMER SERVICE...in a WALMART!!!!!

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN

I am just speachless....who cares about whether there is a gun involved or not...YOU WITNESSED CUSTOMER SERVICE...in a WALMART!!!!!
    Sorry to bust your bubble about so-called lack of service-but this is the norm in small-town walmarts I have experienced. Seems to be improving in most indy area walmarts I've been to lately ,too. Another myth busted.:) Maybe the bad economy is waking up some companies' attitudes.

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Sorry to bust your bubble about so-called lack of service-but this is the norm in small-town walmarts I have experienced. Seems to be improving in most indy area walmarts I've been to lately ,too. Another myth busted.:) Maybe the bad economy is waking up some companies' attitudes.

I agree the small town Wal-Mart has good customer service. I believe that is because all the people who had their own successful business and were run out by Wal-Mart had to go there for a job.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom