• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Last fall, I experienced a baffle strike in my HALO. :xmad: I didn't notice it until a couple months after the fact (as I was getting the can out of the safe for another range trip), but upon discovering it, promptly made plans to send it back to Gemtech for repair.

Coincidentally, I had also been planning for some time to send my 2002-vintage Outback in to have its baffle stack and thread insert upgraded to the Outback II standard.

Fast forward another couple months... :facepalm:

Good things come to those who [STRIKE]procrastinate[/STRIKE] wait; in February, Clay posted this thread (https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...emtech_outback_suppressor_check_this_out.html), which was enough to finally get me off my duff to do what needed to be done.

Both cans arrived at Gemtech on 3/1. On 3/18, I received a call from Phillip in the Gemtech Custom Shop, stating that they were done and ready to be returned to me. Upon examining the HALO, he had found the front endcap to be trashed (obviously), but the damage to the baffles was minor enough that it would not affect the durability or performance of the can in any way, so he opted not to replace the baffle stack (which would have been a rather expensive proposition, since the entire stack is a single welded unit). I agreed with his assessment and authorized a charge of $65.00 for a new front endcap, and return shipping/insurance (the Outback upgrade had been prepaid via GT's website).

The cans arrived back home on 3/24. They were returned sealed in plastic, along with my receipts, the copy of my Form 4s I had provided, and a manual for the new Outback version (Outback II-D).

I own three suppressors, and they are all GEMTECHs. They provide a solid product at a very competitive price point, and their corporate demeanor and customer service are beyond reproach. Gemtech will continue to be my first stop when I am shopping for a suppressor, and I will recommend them to others without hesitation.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    What kind of baffle did you end up going with?

Regular ol' aluminum. Since my OB doesn't see heavy use or abusive conditions, and I don't have an ultrasonic cleaner (which I understand you can't use with aluminum parts), I didn't see the need to spend the extra $$ on stainless or titanium. The OBII stack design and the user-serviceable endcap are upgrade enough for me!

Top Bottom