• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FFM173

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    Greenwood
    I arrived home the other night from being out of town. Being that it was close to midnight and not wanting to wake the old lady up, I pulled into church parking lot to respond to any work emails that I needed to answer. After about 5 minutes of scrolling through the emails and not paying attention I am suddenly being blasted in the face by a spotlight. Sherriff exited his vehicle and approached mine.

Him: What are you doing tonight sir?
    Me: Sitting here answering emails from work before I go home.
    Him: Do you have ID?
    Me: Yes, (I start laughing) but I am not going to give it to you.
    Him: Why not?
    Me: Its in my middle compartment and I have other items in there too.
    Him: Do you have a gun in the car?
    Me: Yup, and its right next to my wallet.
    Him: Go ahead and get it.
    Me: OK! (I opened the lid, remove my gun) I am going to set this on my passenger seat. Here is my ID sir.
    Him: Thanks (Takes it and goes to his vehicle and returns.)
    Him: Here is your ID, the reason I wanted to talk to you was because we caught two people back here "doing it" the other night.
    Me: I havent tried that since I was a teenager. Do you want me to leave?
    Him: Nope, have a good night!
    Me: You too, sir. And I appreciate you not wigging out about the my firearm.
    Him: Anytime!

I know that I should keep my wallet seperate from my weapon!! But I am highly impressed that he did not disarm me, nor did he ask me if I had an LTCH.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Pleasant experience, but he probably already knew you have an LTCH. So, already checked and verified, everything's okay, no need to even bring it up.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    He needed ID to prove you weren't having sex :dunno:

No, he probably is required under his SOP's to make a call/incident note of every suspicious activity/interaction both for CYA purposes and so if the church turns up broken into in the morning they have an idea of who was found there earlier. Leaving the name of the person interacted with out kinda defeats the purpose.

Not saying the OP was required to give him ID because unless he was committing an ordinance violation or infraction he probably isn't, but the above is probably why the officer asked.

Best,

Joe

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I was being a little tongue in cheek to highlight some silliness. "Parking" like those two did is kinda rude in a church parking lot.

Last edited:

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I arrived home the other night from being out of town. Being that it was close to midnight and not wanting to wake the old lady up, I pulled into church parking lot to respond to any work emails that I needed to answer. After about 5 minutes of scrolling through the emails and not paying attention I am suddenly being blasted in the face by a spotlight. Sherriff exited his vehicle and approached mine.

Him: What are you doing tonight sir?
    Me: Sitting here answering emails from work before I go home.
    Him: Do you have ID?
    Me: Yes, (I start laughing) but I am not going to give it to you.
    Him: Why not?
    Me: Its in my middle compartment and I have other items in there too.
    Him: Do you have a gun in the car?
    Me: Yup, and its right next to my wallet.
    Him: Go ahead and get it.
    Me: OK! (I opened the lid, remove my gun) I am going to set this on my passenger seat. Here is my ID sir.
    Him: Thanks (Takes it and goes to his vehicle and returns.)
    Him: Here is your ID, the reason I wanted to talk to you was because we caught two people back here "doing it" the other night.
    Me: I havent tried that since I was a teenager. Do you want me to leave?
    Him: Nope, have a good night!
    Me: You too, sir. And I appreciate you not wigging out about the my firearm.
    Him: Anytime!

I know that I should keep my wallet seperate from my weapon!! But I am highly impressed that he did not disarm me, nor did he ask me if I had an LTCH.

Damn! That's a pretty long dry spell!!!

Top Bottom