• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    I ordered for the first time from them over the weekend. Shipping times look normal and they had pmags in stock.! We will see how my first order turns out.

Dixiejack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Madison
    Does Midway have a set shipping price for ammo? I got a notice from them saying they had some Remington 148 gr, .38 WC's maximum of 2 boxes. Hadn't had any in a while so I ordered 2 boxes and shipping was $19.00. About a month later I ordered 10 boxes of 5 rounds each of 20 ga. rifle slugs. Shipping was also $19.00. I think Midway is keeping their prices reasonable but ripping customers off on shipping. That was standard ground shipping.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Does Midway have a set shipping price for ammo? I got a notice from them saying they had some Remington 148 gr, .38 WC's maximum of 2 boxes. Hadn't had any in a while so I ordered 2 boxes and shipping was $19.00. About a month later I ordered 10 boxes of 5 rounds each of 20 ga. rifle slugs. Shipping was also $19.00. I think Midway is keeping their prices reasonable but ripping customers off on shipping. That was standard ground shipping.

Not that I am aware of. It has always varied based on what I had in the cart. They do tack on a handling charge for smaller orders I believe.

From their website:

Need Help? - MidwayUSA

How much does shipping cost?

Calculating shipping charges is more complicated today than it has ever been, so we do it all for you via programs in our Contact Center and on our website. You can get a shipping estimate on the website by adding product to your cart, then entering your shipping address zip code in the "Get a Shipping Estimate" section of the shopping cart.
    Special Handling Charge

MidwayUSA attempts to keep our costs as low as possible, so we can give our Customers the best pricing in the Industry. Since we will accept any size order, there is a Special Handling Charge of $3.00 for all retail product orders under $25.00 and $4.00 for all dealer product orders under $40.00 to offset the additional costs associated with handling orders under these amounts.
    Backorder Shipping Charge

All backorder items ship separate from the in-stock order and incur a separate shipping charge.

Dixiejack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Madison
    Two boxes of .38 special WC @25.76 a box (all they would let me order) + 19.00 shipping.

Ten boxes of rifled slugs @ 9.95 a box + 19.00 shipping. Must be that new math they teaching in school. I have been ordering ammo from Midway for 10 years and their shipping has never been that expensive.

Mr. Neal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Two boxes of .38 special WC @25.76 a box (all they would let me order) + 19.00 shipping.

Ten boxes of rifled slugs @ 9.95 a box + 19.00 shipping. Must be that new math they teaching in school. I have been ordering ammo from Midway for 10 years and their shipping has never been that expensive.

Sounds like they're pulling a Natchez on ya... they do that all the time on their site will ammo and bullet heads! Try grafs. Best site out therefor ammo and reloading supplies. Plus a bunch of other stuff. Best part is one flat fee on your entire purchase.

Dixiejack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Madison
    I can understand putting a limit on the number of boxes of ammo you can buy, so everyone is able to get something. If Midway limits me to 2 boxes then they should not charge such high shipping. The only deal on shipping I've gotten has been on .30 Remington AR. No limit on boxes of ammo and shipping was 19.46 for 10 boxes. Guess I am the only one buying it. Although it is 150 gr. it is still pretty accurate.

Top Bottom