• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Was just stopped in Huntington's Walmart by an off duty officer, whom I recognized was following myself, and my wife and two kids, throughout the store.

He asked me if I was a cop and I simply said "Nope" like I always do.

He then says "Well I am, and you need to cover that up, you are not allowed to carry it like that."

I stated "No, Indiana Code is silent on the issue of method of carry. Even on the license to carry it is silent."

Him: "Well our chief says that people can't open carry."

Me: "E.J. signed off on my license, and the paperwork they disburse when paying even states that we can carry however we like, but that concealed is recommended to avoid frightening people."

Him: "I'm not sure about that."

I really hated to do it, but he was quite frustrated; and had his phone in hand...so I pulled the pink paper to show him what we have to carry to avoid more hastle (we just wanted to make a homemade pizza with the boys)...anyways.

Me: "IC is silent on the issue of open or concealed. Even our license is just a license to carry, not a concealed carry of weapons or anything. Just says that I may carry a handgun."

Him: "I am going to find out about this." As he went off around the corner anticipating a call of which I can only imagine was to either the Shift supervisor, or to EJ Carrol our chief.

Regardless, I will be going down to speak with EJ on Monday morning as I've walked past at least 5 different ON duty LEO without issue, 2 of our ISP troopers, and our C.O. without issue. Why today?

I really hated showing the pink, so don't flame. My kids were hungry, and our oldest really wanted to make a pizza with mom and dad. :(

Anyone know of a reasonably priced pocket recorder that will work well (sub $50), my droid app DID NOT work.
    Him:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You should have made him show you his badge to "prove" that he was a officer. Just like busy body people in general, I'm not a fan of busy body officers.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So... The pizza? What all did you guys put on it? Details, man details.

BTW, I've perfected the homemade pizza on charcoal grill method. Pizza stone is necessary, but soooo worth it.

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    Sounds like even though you were hassled you took care of it well and will be doing even more by talking to the chief. Even if they suggest you carry concealed they should inform their officers that it is not a law that we carry concealed. I CC all the time as that is just my choice but it really burns my ass to see someone get hassled by an Urban Rambo because he wants to let you know he is a cop and he thinks he knows what is best. I have some VERY good friends who are LEOs and they are good guys but there is always that small faction of guys who make it rough for the good ones. My LEO friends tend to appreciate seeing an armed public. If these cops that are always hassling law abiding citizens are affraid of an armed populace then they are in the wrong line of work.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Oh, it's illegal? Then either arrest me or shut your piehole, because I'm not covering it up.

I'm not here to explain the law to the police. If he really wants a lesson, he can learn it the hard way.

Top Bottom