• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cityartisan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Got talking with a gentleman yesterday and was referred to an instructor, handed me his card. I called and talked with with him for about ten minutes and he sounded like a respectable guy with a lot of experience. I expressed an interest on 1 on 1 pistol training, he quoted me 2 prices $250 for 4 hrs or $100 for one hr if it would be on a weekday. The WE prices would be more-he didn't say-i didn't ask. I don't whether or not this included range fees. Sound within reason?

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Got talking with a gentleman yesterday and was referred to an instructor, handed me his card. I called and talked with with him for about ten minutes and he sounded like a respectable guy with a lot of experience. I expressed an interest on 1 on 1 pistol training, he quoted me 2 prices $250 for 4 hrs or $100 for one hr if it would be on a weekday. The WE prices would be more-he didn't say-i didn't ask. I don't whether or not this included range fees. Sound within reason?

His prices sound a little high, but without specifics of what you are being taught and if guns, ammo and/or range fees are included, it's tough to say.

To give you a ballpark, most private live-fire instruction I have seen is between $25 and $75 per hour. I'm on the high end of that range and I have a three hour minimum.

cityartisan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    His prices sound a little high, but without specifics of what you are being taught and if guns, ammo and/or range fees are included, it's tough to say.

To give you a ballpark, most private live-fire instruction I have seen is between $25 and $75 per hour. I'm on the high end of that range and I have a three hour minimum.
    thanks for that info:yesway:

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    When I do private lessons (more now than ever) I charge $100 hr, two hour min. For each additional person it is $50. This is my rate not matter what I am teaching. Open hand, stick, knife, firearms, driving.

It also depends on the instruction. I would get some references. You want it to be tailored to your needs, not the guy teaching a class written for 12 people just to you.

It can be a good experience and worth while. Imagine the instructor is a pitcher and 12 people in the class are glasses. He has to try to pour close to the same amount in each glass. With private or semi private instruction you get more in your glass and the pitcher is closer to you.- George

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Imagine the instructor is a pitcher and 12 people in the class are glasses. He has to try to pour close to the same amount in each glass. With private or semi private instruction you get more in your glass and the pitcher is closer to you.- George

Oh, now THERE'S an analogy I can understand...

beer-pitcher.jpg

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Pitcher:glass analogy > pitcher:catcher analogy. For. Sure. For me, anyway. I won't judge the rest of you, though.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    exactly what sort of pistol training are you looking for? what are your goals? what is your current skill level?......with this information you can be better directed to the proper instructor as they each present their own different curriculums to some extent

cityartisan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Indianapolis
    exactly what sort of pistol training are you looking for? what are your goals? what is your current skill level?......with this information you can be better directed to the proper instructor as they each present their own different curriculums to some extent
    Well, eventually i would like to take a tactical pistol course as in a recent posted video https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/tactics_and_training/193275-just_took_this_course_this_weekend_video.html.
    For now, i'm still getting my feet wet as far as basic pistol handling, open carry
    concealed carry, draw from holster, basic defensive moves etc.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Well, eventually i would like to take a tactical pistol course as in a recent posted video https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/tactics_and_training/193275-just_took_this_course_this_weekend_video.html.
    For now, i'm still getting my feet wet as far as basic pistol handling, open carry
    concealed carry, draw from holster, basic defensive moves etc.

Sent you a pm. Much cheaper rates available and the instruction is not going to be step down in any way.

^^^ This is your guy. Everything you want, nothing you don't.

jrm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Are you set on a 1 on 1 training? If not you can get into some great classes locally.

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    I don't know about other instructors that have added to this post. But I do know about Coach and A.C.T. I have taken several courses from them and they are top notch in my opinion. Very reasonable rates. Good luck with your training.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Grand Master, This is the highest classification a shooter can acheive in USPSA. I am the only Grand Master in the state of Indiana and a CRO. I can teach you the skills I have used to acheive my Classification.

Max, do you do any training other than skills related to USPSA/IDPA and similar competitions?

Top Bottom