• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I had some people over today to do some shooting. We were shooting a variety of rifles and pistols, many larger caliber and louder than what I usually shoot. A few hours into our fun two Sheriff's deputies come driving back near my property where we were. I walk over and they tell me that they had a report of shots fired and were there to see what was up. They could see all of us, so they could see that. They said they wanted to make sure we were shooting safely.

As they left one said, "nothing wrong with doing a little shooting".
    :ar15::draw:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I had some people over today to do some shooting. We were shooting a variety of rifles and pistols, many larger caliber and louder than what I usually shoot. A few hours into our fun two Sheriff's deputies come driving back near my property where we were. I walk over and they tell me that they had a report of shots fired and were there to see what was up. They could see all of us, so they could see that. They said they wanted to make sure we were shooting safely.

As they left one said, "nothing wrong with doing a little shooting".
    :ar15::draw:

Sad thing is that they probably knew what was going on. When they deputies get a call like this, they are bound to investigate. Not a slam on them. Happy shooting. +1 for the deputies.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    We just heard back from our realtor about a house in the country with some land; now I'll finally get to have my own range.

Unfortunately, I fully expect this to happen once or twice. Until our new neighbors get used to me...

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    When I first moved out here, my wife and kids were a little alarmed at by the sound of gunfire, but I didn't mind. If anything, it made me feel safer.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You should have taken their name and badge number!
    And call the Sheriff Office to report their behavior, to tell their chief that they did a good job.
    We always want to report LEOs when they do bad things but we should also report them when they do good thing.
    Just to let them know that we appreciate their work.
    That way you would also have their names if you want to invite them later to shoot.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    They came to my house on two seperate occassions. My neighbors were complaining about the noise probally. The first one that came was very cool and told me to keep shooting if I wanted to. The next one who came by a few weeks later was really cool and said the same thing.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    You should have taken their name and badge number!
    And call the Sheriff Office to report their behavior, to tell their chief that they did a good job.
    We always want to report LEOs when they do bad things but we should also report them when they do good thing.
    Just to let them know that we appreciate their work.
    That way you would also have their names if you want to invite them later to shoot.

That information can be obtained from dispatch.

Tandor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    Chesterton
    KLB, same thing happened to us, Jackson township, Very nice officer but a week later another officer went to my friends house and asked about an accident on the highway (hwy 6) well it's a little fishy because my buddy house has a 1/4 mile drive up hill. And he was playing catch with his son! Don't you think it's POSSIBLE that this officer might have seen the accident before leaving the highway drive about 500 yds down Surma road and up a 1/4 mile drive. We believe his house is being watched. Parinoid? Maybe......

Top Bottom