• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    If you are ordering from MidwayUSA, don't be fooled into choosing this option, I think called "Postal Solutions"?

I have had two orders in a row where UPS delivers to the PO in a timely fashion, but then the package sits ten blocks away until someone decides it's taking up too much room and they'll drop it off.

This last time I ordered 2/23, it shipped 2/25 and arrived at my PO on 2/27 (was 'promised' to arrive 2/28); as of 3/2 no delivery. Maybe they're using the box to prop up a card table, until another suitably-sized one arrives?

:bs:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I usually order my stuff using the cheapest shipping method available and sometimes this method does seem to add some frustrating delay to the delivery.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    I usually order my stuff using the cheapest shipping method available and sometimes this method does seem to add some frustrating delay to the delivery.

Ordered something from Brownell's the same day, USPS FCM and it arrived on the 27th. Ordered something UPS Ground from AimSurplus on the 26th and it was here on the 28th.

This is the lamest excuse for shipping I have seen. If they're going to continue it, the least they can do is stop issuing tracking numbers as if the stuff will actually arrive close to on-time.

:xmad:

Oops, I forgot, it's the Sequester!! That explains everything.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    The new, cheap delivery method seems to be commercial freight to a Postal Distribution center then the wait for it to be delivered by USPS :dunno:

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Frustrating yes...but you always have the option of selecting a different shipping method.

I spend the extra few bucks for UPS Ground to avoid similar headaches.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Frustrating yes...but you always have the option of selecting a different shipping method.

I spend the extra few bucks for UPS Ground to avoid similar headaches.

:yesway: UPS

When I checked the order out there was no USPS option, and UPS was twice the cost.

I know, wah wah.

And then I find Brownell's had it same price. Grr.

Anyway, for anyone considering this option, you should fork out the extra money for the "brownshirts"...

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    USPS & UPS

I have a friend who is a rural letter carrier in south east KY. He told me UPS drops off parcels at his post office every day. They are then delivered the next day by USPS letter carriers. This has been SOP in that area for a long time.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    I have a friend who is a rural letter carrier in south east KY. He told me UPS drops off parcels at his post office every day. They are then delivered the next day by USPS letter carriers. This has been SOP in that area for a long time.

Maybe I'll have my package shipped to his burg next time.

Oh wait... :):

I should just pretend I'm waiting for my LTCH all over again. Then it'll seem like no time at all.

Dj15802

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Avon, IN
    I received 2 packages from midway this week. They were both shipped this way and I received them both within 4 days of placing my orders. I have another scheduled for Monday ( it showed it transferred to the Post Office today. I'm not complaining....it must be your Post Office.

r.gray87

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Columbus
    This thread is old, but I did this just last week, and it added 1 extra day to the shipping.

A cheaper option than the UPS ground option from Midway is to select the cheap option and then sign up for a UPS account. They will automatically send you updates about your package if you choose and will give you the option to pay them to not give it to USPS. In my case I was only shipping .45ACP carbide dies....for $3.50 more I could have received it a day earlier, but waiting one day was acceptable...in your situation, I would be very upset.

vvet762

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I have had 10 orders from MidwayUSA since December 2012. Some straight USPS, some UPS and some USPS/UPS. Always, if the items are in stock, I receive them by Thursday if I order them the previous weekend. I think that is a pretty good record. Now I plan to buy locally if at all possible; tired of paying shipping charges.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I had the same thing happen to me when ordering from Amazon. Ordered a CRKT knife and it shipped out of Kentucky then went to California before going to Ohio, then Indianapolis. When UPS or FedEx drops it off to the post office for final delivery they get a substantially discounted rate but it typically takes 4-8 business days after it gets to the post office.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    How is this a -1 for Midway? Sounds like the problem is with USPS.

Possibly because Midway tells you it'll be there by a certain date knowing their method of shipping won't get it to you in time. I.E. They quote it'll get there in 3 days but choose a method that takes 7+ days.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    How is this a -1 for Midway? Sounds like the problem is with USPS.

:yesway:

Possibly because Midway tells you it'll be there by a certain date knowing their method of shipping won't get it to you in time. I.E. They quote it'll get there in 3 days but choose a method that takes 7+ days.

Actually, they say it CAN be there within that 3 days. Based on the shipping option YOU choose. The cheapest option means it will ship through the UPS system until it reaches the city in which it is to be delivered, then it is sent to USPS in that location to be delivered to your house. It's known as UPS Surepost and adds an extra day to shipping because of UPS not being able to deliver the package before your postal carrier is already out for that day.

Midway doesn't choose the shipping method. The customer chooses the shipping method. Therefore, the blame is simply on the customer for not dishing out the extra $3.50 for UPS Ground. :yesway:

ETA: If your package is shipping through UPS Surepost and you have a UPS My Delivery account, you can pay a fee to have it switched to UPS Ground and have it delivered by UPS and not deal with the extra day. You can also have your hub hold it as a Will Call package if it is UPS Ground and you are able to pick it up the day it arrives.

Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    A lot of the stuff I order through Amazon is dropped at the post office for delivery by both FedEx and UPS. if it get there before 6a.m. I get it that day, any later and it comes the following day. I have never had a problem.

Top Bottom