• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    I headed out to the grocery store today, walked in and grabbed a cart, when I heard, "Excuse me?" to my left. I turned and there was a guy approaching me, and he started with "Don't mean to bother you, but I just wanted to ask..." I noticed he was glancing down at my sidearm.

At this point, I was mentally getting ready for the negative experiences people talk about. This was at the same store where I've had my only semi-negative experience, (which only turned bad because of a call center guy in ohio, long story) and I was wondering if this was going to be my story of "man attempts to berate me for carrying."

The man continued, "I just wanted to ask...do people give you a lot of trouble for open carrying like that?"

I smiled and replied, "A lot less often than you'd think actually." We introduced ourselves and got to talking. Turns out he's carried for somewhere to the tune of decades, but has always carried concealed. We spoke about the pros and cons of concealed vs open carry for a moment or two, and it didn't turn into a derogatory shouting match (who knew that was possible :dunno:) He spoke a minute about why he's always CC'd, I spoke a minute about why I OC, but we were both respectful of each others position on the matter, and didn't argue the points. He also mentioned that he doesn't see too many younger guys who carry wheel guns.

We even touched on glock vs 1911 for a moment, and touched on muzzleloader hunting. I told him about INGO, and gave some lip service to Guy Relford and TFT. All in all, a really nice guy, and what I consider a positive OC experience. :draw:

Last edited:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    glad that the encounter went so well. Always nice to hear the good stories, but I dont think enough people post them as they do the negative encounters. +1 to you both

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I've been having very positive discussions about guns with friends and family since the shootings. I think they all are realizing that sh## can happen any time without notice, and changing their thoughts regarding personal security. Well, plus, INGO has helped me to become a better gun advocate!

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I've been having very positive discussions about guns with friends and family since the shootings. I think they all are realizing that sh## can happen any time without notice, and changing their thoughts regarding personal security. Well, plus, INGO has helped me to become a better gun advocate!

Wow, so many good points that i have never thought too much about. I am from a pretty gun friendly family, so I never thought much about it. But you make some great points.

Top Bottom