• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Not a big situation or anything, but....

Shot decent amount of ammo today on our property today for the first time, and someone saw fit to call in a noise complaint or just that someone was firing; at any rate, an officer was dispatched to check it out, and eventually made his way to my house.

Long story short, two of us were holding shotguns and I had a handgun on my hip when the officer rolled up, and he didn't bat an eye. He explained why he was there, I verified that there was no problem, and he said they just had to check out reports but carry on.

Granted, it was on private property, yada yada yada, but it was still very civil and relaxed, exactly as a non-threatening but armed civilian should be dealt with.

.....end all, be all.....the neighbors better get used to it, because there's a full-on personal range going in here in the near future :ar15:
    :)

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    If your neighbors don't like it they can move to the city. Some people must think that it's illegal to shoot anywhere but the range :rolleyes:

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I say we plan an event at IndianaResidents house and get as many of us as possible to shoot all day long. And +1 to the Warsaw PD. He did the right thing.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Must of got one of the better Warsaw LEO's, sounds good but overall I give Warsaw a big F- overall. It was Warsaw PD an not the county right? I figured Warsaw might have a no gunfire zone there...seems you can hunt deer with bow inside city limits but no use of guns....?

Top Bottom