• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I just bought 4000 pieces of 7.62 x 51 brass from them for $396. My total at the end was $396 and I have a order confirmation that says $396. When I check my credit card today I find a $455 charge to my credit card.

So I call and I get transfered. They acknowledge that the invoice says $396 but the shipping is $59. So I tell them that I was not charged for that up front. Doesn't matter, that is what shipping is, have a good day.

I am not happy that I was not charged this up front. Furthermore, I believe I could have saved money and time shipping with UPS instead of USPS. I shipped with USPS because the option added $0 to my total.

Meh, not a big -1 but a -1 none the less.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    If you are not happy, file a claim with your CC company.

I dont know how their system works but if they never said they were going to charge you more than you agreed to when submitted the order I am not sure they can legally do that. If there is something that says shipping will be calculated and added later then maybe you have a problem.

I would find that out and then cancel the CC transaction and refuse the delivery.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If you are not happy, file a claim with your CC company.

I dont know how their system works but if they never said they were going to charge you more than you agreed to when submitted the order I am not sure they can legally do that. If there is something that says shipping will be calculated and added later then maybe you have a problem.

I would find that out and then cancel the CC transaction and refuse the delivery.

This is exactly the route I would take.

I cannot stand making purchase choices based on the info provided only to be told that some of the info was bad/not supplied.

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Ordered from Wideners in the past and good experience overall. However, recall a lack of clarity regarding their shipping charge policy. They did state before I ordered shipping would be extra and sent to me later. Had to press a bit to get a shipping cost defined before placing the order.

Never assume shipping cost is zero unless explicitly stated in writing.

matthewdanger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Wideners is a bit funny with their shipping. They do however make it clear that the shipping charge will be added to the total in the order confirmation - at least they have when I have ordered from them online. There was always verbiage stating that shipping would added later.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Hmm Ive ordered from them over and over, first time Ive heard of a bad review. If you have everything in print then dispute the charge with your c.c. thats what they are there for

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I don't need to dispute it.

As I said it wasn't a big -1 but a -1 none the less. They now have it specified on their website.

My main issue was in my cart AND on the bill shipping was free. It wasn't until I checked my card that it had shipping charges.

Top Bottom