• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have been sitting at 9999 for a couple days thinking that I wanted my 10,000th post to be on something other than the current threads I was active on. So I decided to make a new thread for it.

Looking back since I joined in 2012, it has been a fun and fast moving period in my life. In 2012 I had decided to get back into firearms after virtually not touching them for the prior 15 years.

That year I went and watched most of the various "action" firearms sports; IDPA, Steel Challenge, CASS, Silhouette, 3-Gun, High Power and a host of others. I wanted to see what I would be interested in.

I did a couple steel challenges which were dismal failures. I tried an IDPA match and though I had fun, I really didn't belong there at my level of proficiency.

After that I embarked on a mission to adjust the guns I had that had been sitting in the safe all these years. Trade them out for stuff I wanted to shoot. I started with 1911's and it took 3 before I got what I wanted. I still have that one. Then I decided that everyone should have a "high capacity" polymer pistol. Over 2-3 years I went through many starting with the M&P and eventually coming full circle back to the M&P. It's been a fun journey.

At some point I started to carry again. Prior to my hiatus, I carried a Taurus 85CH. But then the S&W Shield came out so I decided to try it. I am now on my third Shield. They have served me well. Of course, with carrying more comes the requisite holster tryouts and I went through a few. And some minor changes in my clothing choices. I don't tuck in my shirts at all anymore. :)

And mostly during these 10,000 posts and the reading of many multiples of that are the friends and acquaintances I have met here. I have few good friends that I met through INGO and I'm sure that I could be friends with several others if we weren't so separated by miles and life in general.

The guy who taught me initially to reload, I met through here though I didn't realize at the time he lived in my neighborhood. Leo, thanks for doing that, and becoming a friend as we shot Trap together at Wildcat.

Tim and Tom; Tom was always offering me to shoot his guns as I was working my way through the brands/models to find what I really wanted. I should have taken him up on it sooner. I probably would not have bought and sold so many! The three of us have shot together many times and we have broken bread much more. These guys are good, salt of the earth people and through them I have gained a couple more friends that aren't active here but come to breakfast on Saturdays.

CM, what can you say about him? He is just a solid anchor to this forum, always there for you when you need him, and doesn't pull any punches. We need more people like him in the world.

The guys on the hot rod thread; I'm pretty sure I could be friends with all of you. Gasoline runs in my blood and truth be told, I have more passions in the automotive realm than I do in firearms. Christian Patriot, Thunderchicken, femurphy, jeffsqartan and you other "regulars" on that thread; I live vicariously through you.

There are others that I will forget to mention(this is beginning to sound like an acceptance speech at some awards show, lol), but those of you that I have back and forth conversations with all have helped me on my journey. The Revere Riders folks, cedartop, Websnyper, Dadsmith, DoggyDaddy, and downrange72 who has encouraged me to try the conceal carry match at Riley. There are many others. Forgive me for not mentioning your name. You don't get a prize or anything if I mention your name anyway.;)

I could go on and on listing folks, but the reality is there are hundreds of you here that I have learned from and will continue to learn from. Hopefully one day we will meet up and share a squad, cup of coffee or a beer.

Now what will be my 10,001 post?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Nice! I need to watch BAT more. Though this was priced out of my range, they do occasionally put up some neat trucks.

I really need to do some research on the best methods to find one and then how to go get it. Maybe I'll post something in the hot rod thread for input.

Top Bottom