• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So I am prepping for my upcoming appleseed. I discovered that I only have 3 of the 4 suggested 10 round mags for my 10/22. Anyone know if the 4th mag being one of the 50 rd "banana clips" would cause an issue?

I already have "too many" 10 rounders and really dont want to be buying another for one training class.

I should mention I have one of these, so reloading my mags should be pretty damn quick.

Butler Creek Mag Loader 10/22 Hot Lips Steel Lips Mag

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    Agree with Lone.

What you might consider doing is just borrowing one. If you find an instructor or another member that will be there (many are on INGO) I bet they could help out. I arranged to borrow some equipment and it went great.

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have been fine with two 10 round mags. It is nice to have an extra one or two but you go to the line with two magazines each time.

Someone please correct me if my memory is wrong on this.

I agree that longer magazines will interfere with your sling. Also, if you fire in the prone position and the longer magazine touches the ground, you are disqualified.

No matter what you have to do - go to Appleseed. It is well worth it. I have been to three and really want to go again soon.

indychad

Marksman
    May 6, 2009
    Brown Co.
    I took 4 with me and used the same 2 the entire time. Nice to have a back ups but I think you would be ok with the three. Provided they function like they should.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I have been fine with two 10 round mags. It is nice to have an extra one or two but you go to the line with two magazines each time.

I agree that longer magazines will interfere with your sling. Also, if you fire in the prone position and the longer magazine touches the ground, you are disqualified.

No matter what you have to do - go to Appleseed. It is well worth it. I have been to three and really want to go again soon.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^ This in bold ^^^^^^^^^^

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Cool. Given the comments, I am thinking with my loader, not having the 4th shouldnt be a big deal. Thanks to all!

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    And by using common equipment (Ruger 10/22), if your magazine goofed up, someone would hand you their spare and say - go ahead. That's Appleseed.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

That'd have to be a long magazine or short arms.

I've got a BX-25 x2 at home and I think I'll run an experiment tonight...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That'd have to be a long magazine or short arms.

I've got a BX-25 x2 at home and I think I'll run an experiment tonight...

Well, seated and standing was OK (and I get LOW when seated).

But, prone, the magazine prevent my forearm from getting under the rifle.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I shot Rifleman in Wisconsin once with a 44US boltgun and two 7 shot mags. A couple of tens are all that you need. You will learn pretty quick to be reloading your mags while walking downrange to score.

I can easily put my elbows on the ground in sitting. And part of my stomach muscle. So can everybody if they do limbering up exercises every day before they come to the range. Getting limbered up is far more important than the rifle to be used.

I turn 64 this year.

I know, sounds boring, but I know it to be true.

Top Bottom