10/22 addicts...i am sorry to do this...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Dress it up all you like. A plinker it remains. (looks mean but if I'm mounting a bayonet on my 10/22 things have gone to far :)

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Check out the three hundred yard 22 caliber turkey shoot thread. 22's are not just toys. 4 or 5 rapidly aimed shots from a 22 to the upper torso of a bad guy would ruin his day big time. Within there effective range they can be a deadly weapon. . Not one I wanna depend on but better than a hand fulla rocks.
    That being said I think your stock is a waste of money even though it does look mean and snarly like.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    155   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Nice stock

It is a very nice stock but if I am spending that kinda money I might as well do a dedicated upper. Don't get me wrong I have one set up as tactical and use it to shoot steel at FNS but I spent less than 100 for it and sold off the 2 stocks it replaced.

BobDaniels

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Boone Co
    Looks cool!

I installed a Choate Dragunov stock on my 10/22 and I really like it. Two major advantages for me are that it makes the butt end a few inches longer and it floats the barrel. For me, it makes the rifle much more comfortable to shoot and floating the barrel seems to make it shoot more accurate. (maybe just a placebo affect??)

I have found two drawbacks to this particular stock: I had to do some file work in order for the receiver to fit the stock and the upper hand guard will not fit due to my 3x9x40 being in the way.

Otherwise, I am very satisfied.

Oh yeah, I paid like $50 for the stock from sportsmansguide.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    Big Hat, No Cattle. I love my 10/22 but I spent the money on a Chief AJ tuneup years ago. It looks stock, except for the scout scope, but it SHOOTS amaaaazing! I have always been a substance over style man, and that is how I am with my guns. Glocks and AKs for work. Over unders, Win. M70s and Savage 99s for fun.

But hey, if this setup makes you happy, that is all that matters. Shave the thing and put it in a dress if you like!

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    All plastic...I'll pass but the Nordic Conversion on the other hand is CNC billet and can use any AR furniture....

nordicstock.jpg

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    You didn't ask anyone's opinion before you made your money, don't ask for one on how you spend it.

My philosophy anyway.

But I do think the stock is silliness....

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    you guys dug deep for this one! they make this conversion for the rem 597 as well, but i'm not sure it's worth spending the money for a plastic kit

Top Bottom