• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ag563

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Delphi, Indiana
    I see in the paper today that Dicks has the Ruger 10/22 on sale for $200, what does everyone think of these Rugers ? Looks like a good price to me.
    I was thinking of getting one this week. :patriot:

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Love me some 10/22s. That is a good price for them. I normally see them go new for about 220ish. If you're in the market for a .22 rifle, look no further. The upgrade possibilities are nearly endless. I have 3 now, and none of them serve the same purpose.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    That is a good price for one these days.

Fun rifles, and like said before, there are so many aftermarket parts for them you can easily spend five times your buying price on a well tricked out 10/22.

Just be careful, they are addictive. You buy one, modify it slightly, then see other mods that are available, so buy a second to build it into a different version than the first, then buy another for different uses, then another, then... BROKE!

ag563

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Delphi, Indiana
    Love me some 10/22s. That is a good price for them. I normally see them go new for about 220ish. If you're in the market for a .22 rifle, look no further. The upgrade possibilities are nearly endless. I have 3 now, and none of them serve the same purpose.

I think I will stop at Dick's tomorrow, after work. :rockwoot:

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN

Before:

After: along-side the M1 Carbine

IMG_2971.jpg

Can't find a pic of my scoped, thumb-hole 10/22 with VQ hammer, and I don't have it here with me. My third is a 10/22 TD with a TRS-25 red dot.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I just picked up a plain jane 10/22 this weekend. I think I still prefer my Remington 582 but for the price, Midwest Gun Exchange had them at $199, I figured why not.

mrtdrew

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 22, 2011
    NW Indy
    They are excellent rifles, extremely reliable as well as accurate. I've had mine for nearly ten years now and its still going strong you wont be dissapointed with your purchase.

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    Jnder 200.00 everydah at the Shelbyvile Wal Mart. May as well buy from Wal Mart and save some.mkney jf you arent going to bhy from a local gun shop. The employees at Dicks know about as mucb as the knes at WalMart.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I see in the paper today that Dicks has the Ruger 10/22 on sale for $200, what does everyone think of these Rugers ? Looks like a good price to me.
    Well, I have bought a few rifles from them, and think they have a lot of good deals. I do not like the new 10/22 trigger group though. I have had problems with pins backing out of the trigger group and making it really tough to clean properly. I think they need to go back to the metal ones.

kite69

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    Kokomo
    if you are looking for a great gun out of he box that you can customize and really make your own then this is the way to go.

lmyer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    South Bend
    Everyone should have a 10/22. There is a reason these are one of the most popular (if not THE most popular) rifles one can obtain. Unlimited aftermarket parts, and all can be DIY.

You will never win benchrest matches shooting against good bolt guns, but you will have a lot of fun simply shooting - and should you choose the aftermarket parts route you can highly customize a 10/22 to your liking. In my experience, a tricked out 10/22 can shoot almost as good as a stock out of the box CZ452/453 or a Savage MKII (but no better).

Here's mine - the only thing that is original is the receiver itself.

• 1967 10/22
    • Boyd's Stock
    • Green Mountain Bull Barrel
    • KIDD bolt, KIDD charging handle, 2-stage KIDD trigger@3oz/3oz, KIDD trigger pins, KIDD bolt buffer
    • Rimfire Technologies adjustable v-block and adjustable bedding kit
    It's now wearing a Weaver T-36 instead of the Tasco in the photo.

Les
    DSCN0230_2.jpg

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    You won't regret it... I'm with the consensus that everyone should consider this rifle. For $200, you get more than simply a rifle... you get an experience. With some research, some simple tools and some patience, you can completely fine tune it to your liking.

I will never sell this rifle for 2 reasons... It was my first rifle, and I was the guy who took it apart, built it from scratch and polished all the internals and fine tuned the trigger. It was my first experience in simple gun smithing and it was a great way to learn about the internals of a gun.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom