• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    To make up for my missing the Kokomo gun show today, I wandered into a local shop today to ogle some firearms.

At the consignment rack I picked up 10/22 with a 16" stainless bull barrel, weaver mount, Bushnell Banner 3-9x40 scope set in some decent steel rings, and a leather sling.

So I bought it. For 165 dollars.
    100_2259.jpg

Turns out it was marked incorrectly, and should have been 250, but they honored the tag, and I walked out a happy man.

Only thing is that the magazine is a plugged model for .22 shorts. Apparently they won't cycle the bolt, but feed fine. Either way I have other mags.

My Day turned around a bit.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/143607-my_morning.html

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Very nice, and a true steal of the day !!! I have one of these SS 10/22s also. It feels a little more like a true rifle than the 10/22 Carbines which I also love... I have also seen on the net (for what thats worth?) that these were a special run for WalMart? Not sure if its true but a few shops I checked with said they never sold them....

Good find !!! And very honorable on the shop to accept the sale at the marked price. :yesway:

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Nice of them to honor the price. I plan to win one from Blythes, or maybe my wife will.

I shure as hell wouldnt want to pay for one from them though! There prices are getting out of hand now. every once in a while i do find a good deal at the valpo one though. Griffith is just too pricey now.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    my buddy just picked up a brand new one for 275. The thing shoots great but i cant justify paying that much for a .22 yet, ill stick with my $50 mossberg 702

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Nice grab!

That really was a very good price on your 10/22. Heck, the DSP stock alone, is worth about $85 (used fair-market value)...... and is that a Green Mountain barrel?

You got a great deal, and it's like getting the scope and rings for free.... :yesway:

Top Bottom