• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GMack_1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    Montgomery Co.
    I have three 10 rounders and 1 of the BX-25's. I cannot get any ammo to feed properly. They are angled up and get stuck entering the chamber just past the bullet. The angle seems to be really off. It's relatively new with only a couple hundred rounds and has always been a bit figety.

Any feedback appreciated.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Have you ever had the barrel off? If so, is it indexed properly to the frame? The wedge should pretty much line it up, but I've heard tales that improper installation of a barrel can cause feeding issues.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Take the barrel off and put it back on, I've read quite a few weren't quite right from factory.

Is your sight canted by chance? A lot of ppl recognize the cant first.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    try a different ammo. remington bulk always gets stuck in mine.

I had never used Rem bulk until till a few weeks ago. I had a few FTF's. The bullet bent up in the case. Plus I noticed they don't seem to be crimped very well. When these are spent I will be back to Fed bulk. Not impressed.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Send it back to ruger and they will have it back to you in two weeks pain free. I had a new 10/22 takedown that was not ejecting properly...It turned out there was a burr underneath the bolt. They replaced the bolt, got rid of the burr and also told me "something that should have been tightened at the factory was not and we are sure sorry."

You say it's a new weapon..To give you an idea, the ruger rep I spoke to said they have made and sold 700,000 10/22 takedowns in the last 12 months or so..The point being is with ruger putting out those kind of numbers some of them are slipping through the QC cracks and making it to the consumer...The good news is..They will fix it for free...

Top Bottom