• ...and so much more!
  • ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Yes. Drive it out with a brass drift punch and hammer from left to right, then install the new sight from right to left.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Yup, they're kind of tight so you have to hit the punch hard. I had to get a dovetail file and true up my edges a bit as well, put a Williams Firesight in mine.

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    I put "Tech" sights on one of my 10/22s Tech-SIGHTS Precision Shooting Accessories Basically a military style peep sight in the back and adjustable post sight on the front. I love them.

I put some oil on my front sight and let it sit for a while before I punched out the old one from the dove-tail. Make sure you support the barrel when you do that so you don't bend it.

ilovemyjeep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I put "Tech" sights on one of my 10/22s Tech-SIGHTS Precision Shooting Accessories Basically a military style peep sight in the back and adjustable post sight on the front. I love them.

I put some oil on my front sight and let it sit for a while before I punched out the old one from the dove-tail. Make sure you support the barrel when you do that so you don't bend it.

Thank you so much. I have pretty much decided to do the Appleseed with the gun as it is, first. Then, I plan to investigate these suggestions, and try the tech-sights and get some experience with the scopes too. It's all good!

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    I have one with a 4-9x scope on it too. It has "see-thru" rings so that with the scope mounted, you can still use the stock sights by looking under the scope for close shots. Te "see-thru" rings are basicaly just to hold the scope up far enough to still be able to use the stock sights. My two boys fight over which one gets to use the 22 with the scope on it first.

ilovemyjeep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I have one with a 4-9x scope on it too. It has "see-thru" rings so that with the scope mounted, you can still use the stock sights by looking under the scope for close shots. Te "see-thru" rings are basicaly just to hold the scope up far enough to still be able to use the stock sights. My two boys fight over which one gets to use the 22 with the scope on it first.

Ya know, I was just wondering how that worked...and now I know! Thanks

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I changed out my front sight because I also put a set of tech sights on the gun. I love those sights and I think they should be a standard option when buying a 10-22.

Top Bottom