• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Captianbullseye

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 31, 2014
    Indianapolis
    I just put a Green Mt. bull barrel on my 10/22 build. I was wondering what ammunition people have gotten the most accuracy and reliability out of one of these barrels.

Last edited:

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I didn't know there was any .22 ammo for sale anywhere !!!!!

there is ammo for sale if you know where to look. (And don't care what you pay ;-) )

What distances were you planning on shooting?

Because 50yds is a totally different answer than 100 yds.

And what do you have on hand or available locally?

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Trying to tell someone else how their new barrel, of any make, will shoot with specific brands of ammo is only slightly less complicated than telling them how their wife will react when she finds out about the fact you bought another gun and barrel. Put it this way: You'll be the FIRST to know how your gun shoots each brand/lot of ammo. ;)

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I was planning on shooting no farther than 75 yards. And as for ammo....just some bulk Remington.

Well, you have to start with what you have. That's for sure.

Let me put a number out there 1116 fps. That's the speed of sound. If you can shoot at distances and velocities that don't allow your bullet to drop below the speed of sound, or never exceed the speed of sound, you'll generally get better groups.

If you're just going for minute of squirrel at various distances, shooting offhand, that's a different exercise than trying to make as small a group as possible at known distances.

I'd start with what you've got of course, you might get lucky out of the gate, but the ability to access many different offerings is important to squeezing the most out of your rifle.
    You might want to carry a little extra .22 with you to the range. You might find someone willing to trade you a couple of rounds if they understand you're trying to find what shoots best.

Id trade you even for a couple of other brands and styles if I ran into you at a range.
    I'm sure others would too.

Of course, some people won't. :rolleyes:

Id love to know what you find.

Top Bottom