• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg
    whats a good price for a 10/22 i was looking at one for $220 basic gun no extras and wood stock and black barrel. they also had one with synthetic stock and chrome barrel for $260 I'm looking to get one to customize so I want one that's no frills

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Keep in mind that if it's a project gun, you might be better off just buying a plain receiver and then adding the parts you want. I did like you and by the time I was done literally the only thing remaining from the original rifle was the trigger assembly. Even the hammer and springs were swapped out.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Keep in mind that if it's a project gun, you might be better off just buying a plain receiver and then adding the parts you want. I did like you and by the time I was done literally the only thing remaining from the original rifle was the trigger assembly. Even the hammer and springs were swapped out.

This is great advice I believe too...:yesway:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Just sold mine (new/unfired) for $185.00 to a fellow INGOer. It lasted 38 minutes in the Classifieds. :)

We sell the blued/wood carbines at the shop for $229.95; blued/synthetic for $219.95; stainless/synthetic for $249.95.

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    A plain jane is what I'm looking for for the reasons you stated

Because you're going to replace everything in it and want to build a second plain jane with the leftover parts when you're done?

Here's how mine ended up after I was done:

2aahaau.jpg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    wow that is sharp :yesway:

Thanks. As you can see, the only thing left of the original is the trigger. Even the magazines are new (clear mags that I custom-dyed). I basically wasted $200 on a "base" rifle that I could have used towards the build. That $200 would have paid for a pretty nice custom trigger assembly.

Top Bottom