• ...and so much more!
  • LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    2hh1uma.jpg

I want to get one of these 10-22 with the Thumb hole stock,,, is it best to buy one complete and assembled ........or buy the parts and build it?

Gonna be a Christmas present

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    When funds allow me to do so, I plan on doing a 10/22 build. I'll be looking for an older model 10/22 with metal trigger guard. Plan on going with a bull barrel, Hogue over molded stock, trigger job, bi-pod, Burris rings, and Bushnell scope.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    The only difference I've read about is the plastic trigger guard and trigger just requires a Volquartsen hammer "with the bushings". Other than that everything else is the same. So really there's no need to necessarily have to have the metal trigger setup.

IMO the aftermarket hammer is the best upgrade for the money to bring the trigger into a nice weight. Of course then would come the free float stock and a KIDD barrel or Tactical Solutions barrel. Extended mag release is also a nice feature for quick mag changes.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    It is amazing what is being done with 10/22s. What is not commercially available is being one-offed by some industrious and innovative marksman. Maybe someone could organize a shoot to see which one of us actually shoots our toys the best. I would just want to watch since most or even all of you probably can shoot straighter than me. That guy with the bayonet on this charger would have to take it off and store it for the competion unless there is some functional reason to have it on while shooting. I would just not feel comfortable in trying to out-shoot someone with an intimidating weapon like that.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    i'll play

stock international. currently 4 sale.
    DSCN0899.jpg

hogue stock, Nodak Spud rcvr, Talley ring mounts, cheap Bushnell 2-7 scope, bolt trued and radiussed, extractor tuned, firing pin pinned, trigger work by me, (very nice, if I do say so myself), Stock bbl set back and rechambered to "Supamatch" dimensions, moly fusioned and recrowned. It's within a whisker of shooting with my Kidd.
    DSCN0877.jpg

DSCN0722.jpg

10/17 conversion. GM bbl threaded to action rechambered and action tune up by Connecticut Precision Chambering, Fajen stock, trigger parts by power custom and Rimfire Technologies.
    2010-01-17_10-02-04.jpg

Nodak spud rcvr and 20 MOA rail, Kidd bbl and 2 stage trigger, Burris 4-12 AO compact scope, Bolt work by Que on RFC, shooters ridge carbon fiber stock.
    2010-01-02_22-08-35.jpg

A minor selection of what has come and gone in the 10/22 arena.:yesway:

Top Bottom