• ...and so much more!
  • Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    155   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Already working on it

I am already working on modifying an ATI stock to fit. It figuires that they would release this after I built one. Oh well guess I will have 2

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The more I look at the new 10-22TD the more I want to buy one. I think it'd be even that much better/compact if you replaced the rear stock with a folding stock. It looks like all you'd have to do is cut off the excess forend and everything would fit together as it should. Then it seems like the longest part of the gun broken down would be the barrel and not the stocked reciever. That's what I'm guessing by looking at the pictures anyway.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    It would have been nice to have Ruger use a 16" threaded barrel and possibly a folding stock, since its a takedown, bugout, smaller is better!

Oh well, still like the concept, and hell...its a 10/22!
    Redo internals, nice crisp trigger...rock and roll! :D

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I wonder if you could modify an older receiver to make it a TD model? Looks very similar even has the two bolts for the old style retainer. Maybe a conversion kit?

I wonder if they will make a wood stock version?

and lastly, I wonder how long before the aftermarket jumps on this one? Probably not very long is my guess! I would love to build a 10/22TD version with a boyds stock and Tactical Solutions barrel :)

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    I wonder if you could modify an older receiver to make it a TD model? Looks very similar even has the two bolts for the old style retainer. Maybe a conversion kit?

I wonder if they will make a wood stock version?

and lastly, I wonder how long before the aftermarket jumps on this one? Probably not very long is my guess! I would love to build a 10/22TD version with a boyds stock and Tactical Solutions barrel :)

Now your thinking! :yesway:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    It would have been nice to have Ruger use a 16" threaded barrel and possibly a folding stock, since its a takedown, bugout, smaller is better!

Oh well, still like the concept, and hell...its a 10/22!
    Redo internals, nice crisp trigger...rock and roll! :D

Yeah a 16" barrel would be nice and in a 22lr it's just as good as what they've got included.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    155   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Not the reciever

They haven't modified the reciever. They have made an adapter that replaces the v- block and then the barrel slides into it. The hard part is gonna be where the button is on the bottom of the barrel. When I get mine I will be looking to either put it in a wood stock or an ATI strikeforce.

The one that I already built has a 16 inch threaded barrel. I spent a small fortune making mine and then Ruger released one. Should make a nice pair.

Top Bottom