• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Horse-Power

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2012
    Took one home on Saturday, good shooter.

The bag is nice and easily configurable for a sling or a backpack setpup, it will make a nice truck gun.

I just need to get a nice scope for it and I cant help but thinking how nice it would be with a can.:D

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    Ruger 10-22 break down

Anyone have one of the new break down style 10/22`s ?,

Wondering if accuracy is any less than a standard model .,

Are old style stocks interchangeable ?

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I'm trying to get one... I haven't had a .22 LR since I traded my 77/22 last year. Went to PSS last weekend to see if they had any, Bob told me to come back Monday as he was getting 2 in stock. I show up and he said they haven't arrived yet and they were already spoken for anyway. HUH???? I have asked him multiple times and he has NEVER let me reserve guns. Guess I'm not in the right circle there...

Anyway I'm wanting one of these and the SR22 pistol too. (Yes I'm a Ruger fanboy)

Ryan281

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    I saw 2 today and really dig thrm....I am sure it will fit into one of my 3 day packs. I will be getting one soon.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm trying to get one... I haven't had a .22 LR since I traded my 77/22 last year. Went to PSS last weekend to see if they had any, Bob told me to come back Monday as he was getting 2 in stock. I show up and he said they haven't arrived yet and they were already spoken for anyway. HUH???? I have asked him multiple times and he has NEVER let me reserve guns. Guess I'm not in the right circle there...

Anyway I'm wanting one of these and the SR22 pistol too. (Yes I'm a Ruger fanboy)
    Sounds like it's gonna be one of those right place right time kinda deals. I think the SR22s are even harder to come by.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I mounted the old 4X scope I use to have on my old 10/22, on my new Takedown;

DNN_8759Pw.jpg

That scope was replaced by a nice, Nikon 4X32 rimfire scope;

DNN_8762Pw.jpg

The short scope fits in the bag. No way the long scope will. Btw, I love that Nikon scope. :D

Not complaining, just FYI. ;) If you're considering scope options for your Takedown, think 'short'. :D

I took it to AB to zero it today. Only took a few rounds, since it came off another 10/22. Next trip will involve shooting after removal, and reinstalling. ;)

lonnie58

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2010
    Danville
    Thanks for the info nipprdog. I was just about to order a scope and didn't even consider the length until I read your post. I have a Bushnell 3x9 on my other rifle which is 13" long, that should have clued me in.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I mounted the old 4X scope I use to have on my old 10/22, on my new Takedown;

That scope was replaced by a nice, Nikon 4X32 rimfire scope;

The short scope fits in the bag. No way the long scope will. Btw, I love that Nikon scope. :D

Not complaining, just FYI. ;) If you're considering scope options for your Takedown, think 'short'. :D

I took it to AB to zero it today. Only took a few rounds, since it came off another 10/22. Next trip will involve shooting after removal, and reinstalling. ;)
    Yeah it's a good tip. I found this out too after I mounted the scope.

I have a Nikon rimfire 4x32 scope also that I just picked up and got a good deal on with a $50 mail-in rebate.

I still use it though because I have scope ring mounts that are easy to unscrew from the base so I just detach it and store the scope in the third sleeve next to the barrel.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I looked on a rimfire forum last night and saw that a guy has already taken an old wood stock and modified it to work with this new takedown rifle. I don't think it was too hard of a project for the guy to tackle either.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    You can get them for $325 shipped to your ffl on gunbroker as of last night. That's not too bad considering.

Top Bottom