• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    Obviously looking for massive casualties at all cost.

"Who needs a gun at a movie theatre?" "Who needs a gun at a Zoo?" "Who needs a gun ANYWHERE???"

EVERYONE. And know how to use it. I always OC to my local theatre and if I go again, I will DEFINITELY be OCing again. Also having a flashlight is a great idea when you go to a dark place.

Sadly, you'll probably now see "Firearms not allowed" signs at more movie theaters. If they'd only had a sign at this one. People are such idiots.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So they're already blaming it on the guns, not the lunatic who carefully planned this assault? What a joke!

Apparently the other thread got deleted, I had posted a comment nearly identical to Denny's about how that guy executed his plan....

My question is, how did he "kick in" a fire exit door, by law and design those are "open outward" only doors..... think about it.... either this guy worked at the theater and prepped the door before leaving or he had someone on the inside open it for him...

This guy knew EXACTLy what he was doing and planned it out quite thoroughly, yet what's the first LEO quote to the press "Where did he get his AK?" (paraphrasing of course)

Is there a link to that quote? Seems kinda odd for a LEO, on scene, to be leaking that type of info to the press this early into the investigation (not knowing who else may be involved).

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    So, how many here are prepared for this situation? I train quite often for the unknown and even familiar with the effects of CS and am a fine shot (firearms instructor) and I can tell you that even I would have had a difficult time to get a shot off. He had the element of surprise, superior firepower, body armor, helmet, gas mask.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Is there a link to that quote? Seems kinda odd for a LEO, on scene, to be leaking that type of info to the press this early into the investigation (not knowing who else may be involved).

Just saw it on the TV..... and then they (news anchors) spun off into a whole "it's so easy to get these firearms and gas canisters in this area, there are ## gun stores within ## miles of this theater" as well as a "it's perfectly legal in colorado to drive around with guns in your car" for good measure...

Turn on the TV, it's ridiculous the spin they are putting on this.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    So, how many here are prepared for this situation? I train quite often for the unknown and even familiar with the effects of CS and am a fine shot (firearms instructor) and I can tell you that even I would have had a difficult time to get a shot off. He had the element of surprise, superior firepower, body armor, helmet, gas mask.

I'm with you (not as practicied mind you, I just mean I agree this is a hard situation), I carry a flashlight, do some low light shooting but with THAT many bodies, it would be difficult to get a clear shot depending on his path... I generally sit up high near the middle so first thing would be try to get out of his direct vision, preferably off to the side where I can kind of shield my family and hopefully get a clear line of sight to the shooters position.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just saw it on the TV..... and then they (news anchors) spun off into a whole "it's so easy to get these firearms and gas canisters in this area, there are ## gun stores within ## miles of this theater" as well as a "it's perfectly legal in colorado to drive around with guns in your car" for good measure...

Turn on the TV, it's ridiculous the spin they are putting on this.

I think the media is just making up things as this goes along. They are the biggest groups of idiots out there. They were broadcasting LIVE as SWAT was outside of the suspect's apartment trying to get a vantage point into his residence.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I'm with you (not as practicied mind you, I just mean I agree this is a hard situation), I carry a flashlight, do some low light shooting but with THAT many bodies, it would be difficult to get a clear shot depending on his path... I generally sit up high near the middle so first thing would be try to get out of his direct vision, preferably off to the side where I can kind of shield my family and hopefully get a clear line of sight to the shooters position.
    Add to that, eyes burning and involuntary closing, lots of snot, airway restricted, coughing fits...effects of CS. Try shooting though that.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I think the media is just making up things as this goes along. They are the biggest groups of idiots out there. They were broadcasting LIVE as SWAT was outside of the suspect's apartment trying to get a vantage point into his residence.

Yes, but they actually had a police officer on camera... that's where the original quote came from....they have 250 local pd officers and 100 FBI agents on scene... isn't that a little overkill? Now they're going on about possible terrorist ties... homeland security....

If I hear one of these *******s say something like "This is exactly the sort of thing the UN small arms treaty would prevent" I'm going to lose my ****..

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

I doubt if I would survive, but if I had to tackle this son of a ***** while shot, blind and coughing I would do everything I possibly could to get my family and as many people out as safe as possible.

Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.- John 15:13

Just putting rounds in his general vicinity could possibly stall him or stun him of you hit him. 45acp doesn't feel good even through body armor.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That is the 24 hour a day live media we have today. They fill the time with speculation, nonsense and "experts" that know nothing about what actually happened. Makes me sick.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Sadly, you'll probably now see "Firearms not allowed" signs at more movie theaters. If they'd only had a sign at this one. People are such idiots.
    Maybe they DID have a sign. Perhaps the yout needed a good teacher to teach him to read? No one does it on their own, he just needed a teacher...

Fewer guns, more teachers! That's the ticket!!

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I doubt if I would survive, but if I had to tackle this son of a ***** while shot, blind and coughing I would do everything I possibly could to get my family and as many people out as safe as possible.

Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.- John 15:13

Just putting rounds in his general vicinity could possibly stall him or stun him of you hit him. 45acp doesn't feel good even through body armor.

I agree, but the reports of CS being used are greatly over exaggerated. They actually had an analyst on watching cell phone footage of people piling out of the theater and not one person was gagging, coughing or rubbing their eyes...

The "weapons expert" said it was more than likely a smoke canister and not a tear gas canister.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I agree, but the reports of CS being used are greatly over exaggerated. They actually had an analyst on watching cell phone footage of people piling out of the theater and not one person was gagging, coughing or rubbing their eyes...

The "weapons expert" said it was more than likely a smoke canister and not a tear gas canister.

I agree, I was just going off of Denny's post where he was worried about the effects of CS.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    NWI
    always good to have a edc flashlight. i use it daily for work being a utility worker. my wife makes fun of me for having so many. its like that Cc commercial " never leave home without it" wish i could carry at work and not get fired. life or job? sad day!

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Maybe, but I'm not poopoo'ing those in the theater since I was not there. It is easy for us to say what we would do in the comforts of home with the benefit of hindsight. I would HOPE I could defend against such things but that mostly falls into the "luck" category. Tackle is fine, but what are you gonna do after that? Don't get yourself killed knocking him down only to have him pop right back up, your dead and now there is no one protecting your family. At first the movie goers thought this was a publicity stunt to go along with the movie so no one moved until gas was deployed and shots rang out. Then you have a theater full to the brim with movie goers now all trying to run out. Remember, firing shots "in his general vicinity" will likely hit movie goers rather than the perp. .45ACP will hurt through armor but pain will be dulled or numbed completely by will/adrenaline. Pelvic shots will stop the determined shooter wearing armor over body and head. Just food for thought.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Hmm, I was just going by a caller in the theater, close enough to the shooter that hot brass was falling on her, her words. She said the gas was painful, burned her eyes, gagged her...just saying.

Top Bottom