• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Cameras would not bypass a search warrant. The officers know that. I guarantee they are going by the book with this.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    The stage is set for a new "Crime Bill" to be passed. The Democrats now have their high profile shooting to help push such legislation through congress. If Obama gets reelected, you can bet we'll see a new crime bill banning "assault rifles" being pushed through.

I noticed in the news reports I watched this morning they were calling attention to the "possible assault rifle" used in the attack.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yup the media is cranking up the machine and laying the groundwork for possibly blaming it on the tea party some how.

Was catching a bit of the coverage on GMA earlier and they had their anchor crew doing a round table and they were talking about not seeing any indication that it was as terrorist act but then the brilliant Brian Ross chimes in and says something to the effect of "at this point it does not appear to be any signs of a terrorist attack but on the other hand it could be some sort of Super Patriot" WTF!? :n00b::rolleyes:

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Well im not sure that the families of the victims would like the video out, if one was made.
    A video would just help some sick copycat wannabe in my opinion.

There has been enough of them in the last 20 years that I don't think they need any help.

Step 1) Get gun
    Step 2) Find unnarmed, innocent victims clustered together
    Step 3) You get the idea

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    This was a crime that no one should ever be exposed to.

To many crazy, loose nut jobs walking amongst the normal folk.
    Kudos to the police, facing death, getting it stopped like they did.
    No one would expect something as horrific as this happening.

What are you talking about? The police didn't STOP anything!

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Yup the media is cranking up the machine and laying the groundwork for possibly blaming it on the tea party some how.

Was catching a bit of the coverage on GMA earlier and they had their anchor crew doing a round table and they were talking about not seeing any indication that it was as terrorist act but then the brilliant Brian Ross chimes in and says something to the effect of "at this point it does not appear to be any signs of a terrorist attack but on the other hand it could be some sort of Super Patriot" WTF!? :n00b::rolleyes:

See I always thought the difference was Terrorists used AKs and SuperPatriots used ARs... At least in the media.

I don't think we should call him a Terrorist until we know what his motives are. He could simply be a mass muderer unless he had an agenda to influence politics or business or religion by fear or TERROR tactics. Thus he would be a domestic terrorist.

It is also interesting that he gave up to police without a fight but people keep saying armed citizens would have had no effect. This guy is a *****, he didn't expect or was planning on anyone to fight back.

One citizen in this theatre could have ended it sooner IMO. Pure speculation only of course and I am not calling anyone else wrong because how can we actually know? This could also be like Tucson and there WERE armed citizens there but we won't hear about them until much much later when no one really cares anymore.

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Just sad! Hopefully he is prosecuted and given the fate he gave those people. Then again with how things go now a days he'll probably just sit in prison for the rest of his life.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Just had an idea.........could the libs not like the death penalty due to the fact that if you kill the individual responsible then it's over. But if you let them live you can continue to bring this up over, and over, and over, and over retelling how terrible guns are at each hearing!

Just a thought

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'll agree that there is no way to know if an armed citizen (or 10) would have stopped or slowed this guy. However, we DO know what happened when there ISN'T anyone to make a stand. More than a dozen dead, more than 50 more wounded, and maybe 100+ rounds fired over the course of several minutes (and several mag changes). While the police response was REALLY good (5 minutes or so), that is a LONG time to sit and pray you are spared.

This guy simply wanted to kill a lot of people. He expected no resistance, and got exactly that. Did his deed, walked out to the parking lot, and was taken into custody. Proof positive that our current laws, law enforcement, and social norms make us all easy targets.

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    I can't imagine being in that situation. It's easy to play Captain Hindsight and say that one of the people in the theater should have done something to stop him, but even if someone was carrying, I can't imagine the thought of firing into the *same* crowd of people through smoke at a target you're blind to.

Thoughts are definitely with the victims and families.

BigJ3780

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Masacre in CO, more people should carry firearms.

"A lone gunman dressed in riot gear burst into a movie theater in Aurora, Colo., at a midnight showing of the Batman film "The Dark Knight Rises" and methodically began shooting patrons, killing at least 12 people and injuring at least 50. "

This is why I feel more people should carry firearms. More people should exercise their rights and carry a weapon not only for their protection, but for the protection of others. I feel sad for the families of the effected, but out of over 60 people, if just one person was carrying a firearm, this man may have been stopped before any real damage could have been done..

Mass Shooting at Colo. Movie Theater, 12 People Dead - Yahoo!

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    This tragic event serves as a reminder to why I carry at ALL times.

Being gun free can be very dangerous.
    The gunman was reportedly wearing body armor. When the media reports this, I think of the LA shooting/bank robbery where the two gunmen had crafted armor that covered them from head to toe. They were mostly impervious t handgun fire and police scurried to find rifles at local gun shops to stop the gunmen.

If this guy had body armor, handgun fire may have not deterred him much. That's why we should have 5.7's and the proper AP ammo to go with them. But our masters won't allow us to have such items. Did I just say that?

jLr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I'll agree that there is no way to know if an armed citizen (or 10) would have stopped or slowed this guy. However, we DO know what happened when there ISN'T anyone to make a stand. More than a dozen dead, more than 50 more wounded, and maybe 100+ rounds fired over the course of several minutes (and several mag changes). While the police response was REALLY good (5 minutes or so), that is a LONG time to sit and pray you are spared.

This guy simply wanted to kill a lot of people. He expected no resistance, and got exactly that. Did his deed, walked out to the parking lot, and was taken into custody. Proof positive that our current laws, law enforcement, and social norms make us all easy targets.

He was well prepared for resistance. Although not immune, he had a great deal of advantage on the innocent.

Top Bottom